Suspension Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Jim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Guys and Gals. I am Jim I have a Dodge Ram 2500. I have replaced everything in the front end including upper lower Moog ball joints, Moog sway bar links, Moog sway bar bushings, new shocks all the way around, outer tie rods, track bar bushings, new damper, the only thing that I haven't replaced is the upper and lower control arms, the steering box intermediate shaft. Every time I go over bumps I hear a thumping sound. And just can't seem to pinpoint where it's coming from. I was going to try and replace he shock bolts all the way around thinking that the bolts are oblongated. So if anybody has any ideas or if they have heard or had similar issues please let me know going crazy Thanks

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is peculiar Jim. First off,, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I don't have any experience with a 2500, but hopefully someone will be able to help you out soon.

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I am lost. And it is ******* me off. I haven't replaced the upper and lower control arms. It sounds like a bad strut/plate. I had all mounts checked. So again the last thing I was gonna do was replace the hardware on the shocks and start there. And Thanks for the Welcome. I hope someone can help this Guy out. Pass the word plz.?

07rambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could be that u need new struts eventually the bushing that seal the shock go and then it'll start to have play in them and what u hear is the chrome skinny rod going into shock hitting back and forth inside of cylinder. Also did u replace the pitman arm on steering box

Rob68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just read about the rack and pinion making noise I have a 06 that is my
next step.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member