Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 997 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As long as they don't send it by camel it shouldn't be over a day or two.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As long as they don't send it by camel it shouldn't be over a day or two.

Well this is a pretty small town in NM, **** either comes from El Paso or Albuquerque

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40
2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 5W-30

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
So the CC recall thread is pretty un-informed.

I wonder if they will be able to do it remotely, or if millions and millions and millions of vehicles are going to have to go back to dealers and sit. And wait. And wait. And wait.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I wonder if they will be able to do it remotely, or if millions and millions and millions of vehicles are going to have to go back to dealers and sit. And wait. And wait. And wait.
I think it's all a scam to get more transmission work at the dealership. You know there's going to be a group of idiots that will say look at what I can do, I can be going down the road and open my door and it throws it in park, ooohhhh ****, park don't work anymore. It's the trucks fault, transmissions fault, FCA's fault. No STUPID, It's you're ******** fault.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Meow Reading how the auto wipers and all that other ******** are involved meow i wonder if vehicles like mine (only power windows power locks) with base models trucks will be affected?

Regardless, meow i may have the stupid “transmission park lock” recall AND a cruise control recall meow.....

WTF.

MEOW

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What did I miss about the xsmn recall ???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What did I miss about the xsmn recall ???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I dont know if it was talked about but the HD’s have a recall on the “lock” in the transmission. Basically when it’s in park some vehicles have been able to take it out of park without the pressing the break pedal. I use the E-brake every time i park my truck anyway so its not a sefety concern for me.

Still have to take it in for the few hours to fix it.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Sounds like they are tring to get trucks like mine in so they can re flash them for the auto park b.s.
They wont be getting mine back as I like the option of being able to have my door open if I want.
I really don't understand how someone could not put it in park before you get out wether you have the dial or a lever.
If you get out with out putting it in park and get ran over its just nature selection at work. ;)

Now I haft to figure out how to get the cruise recall done when it comes out and nit let them do the auto park recall...lol

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like they are tring to get trucks like mine in so they can re flash them for the auto park b.s.
They wont be getting mine back as I like the option of being able to have my door open if I want.
I really don't understand how someone could not put it in park before you get out wether you have the dial or a lever.
If you get out with out putting it in park and get ran over its just nature selection at work. ;)

Now I haft to figure out how to get the cruise recall done when it comes out and nit let them do the auto park recall...lol
According to my Mopar owners page the autopark is a campaign, not a recall. I don't know if that means it's voluntary or what. So far I don't have a recall listed for mine for the cruise control deal.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I feel like they came out with the cruise recall and this campaign at the same time (basically) so they can get people to bring there trucks in to get the cruise fixed (because iys a saftey recall) and then they will do the campaign at the same time.
Without the cruise recall they wont get people to bring their trucks in just for the auto park b.s.

jmo

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like they came out with the cruise recall and this campaign at the same time (basically) so they can get people to bring there trucks in to get the cruise fixed (because iys a saftey recall) and then they will do the campaign at the same time.
Without the cruise recall they wont get people to bring their trucks in just for the auto park b.s.

jmo
Well, I hope they do a better job than they did with my journey. When I had it apparently someone was ralley racing one in S America and the engine cover came off and slid and hit the exhaust and caught fire (soposedly). Anyway their recall fix was to put a screw in it Vs just the groments holding it on. When I got mine back the cover was flopping around on top of the engine because they hadn't put it back in the groments plus the screw, just the screw. I checked mine before I left the dealership and went directly to service manager and said WTF is this crap, you call this a fix. He was like oh oh oh, ah ah ah, it's supposed to be in the groments too, it was that new guy didn't know what he was doing. Sure gave me alot of confidence.

Rondog Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought my 2016 Ram last week and the Carfax said no recalls, so I assume I am clean and clear of the cruise control problem, as for someone getting out of their car while it is still in drive... I will be skipping that campaign, I don't want the dealer messing with my truck to fix a problem that is operator error not an issue with the truck.

Rondog Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As for the Synthetic Oil topic, my dad bought a new 1995 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel (I know the Cummins motors are great), he used nothing by AMSOIL and now 23 years later and over 320K miles that engine still runs like a champ!

So I plan on using nothing but AMSOIL fully synthetic oil in my 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. One question I have is with the new technology in new engines these days and the science behind all the motor oil companies in today's market there are a vast difference in the oil life millage... I have always followed the 3,000/3month (standard oil) 5,000/6 month (fully synthetic oil) rule for oil changes.

Can we trust the new high mile oil life on the front of the quart? should I stick with the above rules I have for the 16 years I have been driving a truck? Do I follow the manufacture booklet in the glove box (When I get it, bought it certified pre-owned from the dealer and the books were missing so the dealer is ordering a new set)?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Shoulda turned left at Albuquerque..........
As for the Synthetic Oil topic, my dad bought a new 1995 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel (I know the Cummins motors are great), he used nothing by AMSOIL and now 23 years later and over 320K miles that engine still runs like a champ!

So I plan on using nothing but AMSOIL fully synthetic oil in my 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. One question I have is with the new technology in new engines these days and the science behind all the motor oil companies in today's market there are a vast difference in the oil life millage... I have always followed the 3,000/3month (standard oil) 5,000/6 month (fully synthetic oil) rule for oil changes.

Can we trust the new high mile oil life on the front of the quart? should I stick with the above rules I have for the 16 years I have been driving a truck? Do I follow the manufacture booklet in the glove box (When I get it, bought it certified pre-owned from the dealer and the books were missing so the dealer is ordering a new set)?

Do. Analysis at 5000 miles and see how the oil is holding up. I do 6000 mile pic with pup.

Rondog Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do. Analysis at 5000 miles and see how the oil is holding up. I do 6000 mile pic with pup.
That's a good ideal, I just got the truck and the oil is like a burnt Carmel color, then tinkering around with the dash display I came across the oil life and it said 30% left so I am going to change it with AMSOIL tomorrow run the usual 5,000 and check it, if it looks good I will check it again at 6,000

Rondog Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I am sure the Amsoil will run 7 to 8 k and further with zero problems.
For me thats all the farther I am running a oil, old I guess buy thats all I doing on my OCIs.

Old school has stood the test of time, I am going to change the oil tomorrow and put in AMSOIL, I will check it every 1,000 miles over 5K but regardless I will change the oil every 7,000 max. like my father's 95 Cummins, I want this truck to last 20 years if possible so I would rather change the oil more times at early intervals rather than push the oil life on the quart and slowly damage the 5.7 Hemi over the years till she quits.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok gents, I’m at 5k OCI on my 2018 1500. Want to switch over to full synthetic. I’m traditionally a M1 guy who does my own oil changes, and don’t want to have to read through this entire thread, so what’s the best recommended full synthetic for the hemi? I understand an oil with some moly is recommended? Amsoil, M1, RL, PUP? I will probably stick with the 5w20 since I’m on a lease at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk