Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will get a ton of opinions on oil, But they are still opinions at the end of the day. I'm putting you in contact with a mechanical engineer that does independent oil testing. 206 oils tested as of today, conventional, synthetic, semi synthetic. You can ask him questions in his Q & A section and freely view all 206 oils tested for their Anti-wear performance. Check out the link and enjoy

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/201...-test-ranking/
Now that's funny right there now [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, changed it at 2500. Put in QSUD 5w30 with a Wix XP filter. Ill run another and post it up.
Good choice of oil & filter imo .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Blackstone report of GM's factory fill with 2500 miles.

For a brand new engine with a 2500 mile OCI... its not bad. Its really hard to judge an engine when that young. The copper is a little high for me.

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
And thanks for posting that UOA hammerhead. There may be hope.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thought id contributed to making burla laugh

A guy buys a robot that slaps people who lie.

He decides to try it out at dinner one night.

He asks his son what he did after school today

The son says he did bunch of homework, the robot slaps the son

The son say, well I really went to jimmy's and we watched T.V.

What did you watch his father asks

Oh, just Toy Story says the son, the robot slaps the son again

Well really we watched **** says the son

****! his father says

When I was your age I didn't even know what **** was, the robot slaps the father

My son takes after his father I guess

The robot slaps mom.

ROBOT FOR SALE

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys, quick inquiry about Schaeffer’s oil. Napa didn’t have my usual Amsoil XL so I tried Schaeffers 5w20 full syn and now I’m having an oil consumption issue. (Example today I drove 10 miles to work and lost about 10 ounces of oil after fully topping off, truck was checked with cold oil both times btw). Truck has about 98k with only 800 miles on the oil change. Is there any evidence of other Hemi’s burning oil with Schaeffers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know about Schaeffer's but my old f150 would use a qt every 1000 miles with motorcraft, Valvoline, and Mobil1. With amsoil and Castrol it would use a qt every 2500 miles and Pennzoil was about 2000 miles. You know you can order Amsoil don't you? I order mine over the weekend and it's on my doorstep Tuesday. I'd check you're oil filter and make sure it's not leaking, if it's not leaking then it must be just the oil.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Hi guys, quick inquiry about Schaeffer’s oil. Napa didn’t have my usual Amsoil XL so I tried Schaeffers 5w20 full syn and now I’m having an oil consumption issue. (Example today I drove 10 miles to work and lost about 10 ounces of oil after fully topping off, truck was checked with cold oil both times btw). Truck has about 98k with only 800 miles on the oil change. Is there any evidence of other Hemi’s burning oil with Schaeffers?

Not sure about the oil consumption issue but the Schaffers oil tested ok, not great but not bad either. Out of 206 oils tested it's in 107 place in Anti-wear performance for the 5w30. Havent seen any test data on the 5w20. You can also ask a Mechanical engineering that conducts the oil tests about your oil consumption issue, click on the link posted below and go to the Q & A section and ask him. You can also check out all his testing data on all 206 oils. Good luck:favorites13:

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah that oil guy ^^ knows his ****, I asked him what oil was best for my Hemi !
He told me REDLINE 5W30 and a Royal Purple filter.!!!!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This image makes our day every time we see it, incredible. it is the talk of the town how this flag survived, a father and son took it down after this and folded it correctly and took it away. freaking miracle man.

1507647766881.jpg

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to see you're still hanging in there. Thoughts and prayers to you and you're family.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score

Has your PCV been replaced?

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so I’m confused and kinda embarrassed. I checked my oil after sitting overnight and it’s back to the full line. Does the engine take that long to drain down vs 5-6 hours? I have no leaks, catch can isn’t even have anything in it after draining it a week ago and the pcv valve is in good condition still.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Packing, fire one hill away less then 1% contained 3 plus days in. Glad we have notice, we can save everything worth over 500. Gonna through anything worth over 500 that I can't pack in the pool. No matter what happens we have our lives and family and funds to rebuild. Not expecting wifi or electricity to last much longer. Thinking about grudge ******* my wife to get her to relax:) TMI Burla, T M I.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers, use them for the less fortunate as there are many. Forecast for wind and sun as long as they go out. Watching the firemen is like someone ******* on a bon fire, there aint no stopping this. For some reason they are not burning backwards, I don't understand why. I'm sure they have their reasons, maybe lost cause, maybe not enough fireman. Before it is done it may be similar to the 1906 earthquake. We will feel safe as we cross the golden gate I'm sure. It may be one day or two or three, but we see the path of the fire and we don't see a scenario where the house survives. Staying and fighting, aint an option. Remember, this old home goes I just doubled my new worth, it has been a running joke. Houses are just sticks and drywall, can be replaced easy, home is where the heart is.

chit helicopter over head.