Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Don't believe the oil companies, don't believe the gov't, they do not care if you need to buy a new car early, in fact one of them wants you too.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not only that, that's some serious windshield time to do 25000 miles in a year...
Tell me about it, for 6 years I was driving 50k a year. Yes, I was running Amsoil but not pushing it anywhere near the 25k, most I ever did on the old SS was 10 k, latter switched to XL in a different vehicle and was doing 5k.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tell me about it, for 6 years I was driving 50k a year. Yes, I was running Amsoil but not pushing it anywhere near the 25k, most I ever did on the old SS was 10 k, latter switched to XL in a different vehicle and was doing 5k.

Wow that's insane. I do about 16k/year in my work van and I thought that was bad...

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow that's insane. I do about 16k/year in my work van and I thought that was bad...
Lol, you know what they say about only haveing enough blood in you're body to operate 1 head at a time.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
My coworker claims to know someone who commutes from Tampa to Miami and back for work. That's ~600 miles round trip, every day.

Or 150,000 miles a year if he works 5 days a week for 50 weeks out of 52....

Completely insane.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was not work related in any sense of the word. I'd drive 50/60 hours a week for work in big truck, then jump in my little truck and take off for another 1k for the weekend.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My coworker claims to know someone who commutes from Tampa to Miami and back for work. That's ~600 miles round trip, every day.

Or 150,000 miles a year if he works 5 days a week for 50 weeks out of 52....

Completely insane.

Sent from my magic 5-inch
Mine was not work related in any sense of the word. I'd drive 50/60 hours a week for work in big truck, then jump in my little truck and take off for another 1k for the weekend.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
My six month oci is about due. Might have good enough weather this weekend. (I don't have a shop, just the cold hard ground.....)

I forgot the drain plug size ?

Help an old due getting senile....

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Its a 13mm I believe, seems all my stuff is 13mm or 15mm on the drain plug/bolt.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I trust a few of them, Jeff would be my first choice since Corey is a pass :)

No way! LoL I wouldn’t even go 10k! 8k would be my max, as around 7k it was still in good shape with 5 left on TBN.

This is interesting to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
My six month oci is about due. Might have good enough weather this weekend. (I don't have a shop, just the cold hard ground.....)

I could never remember what any of my oil drain plug sizes are. I found a solution. Just get a couple of these; one metric and one SAE. I haven't came across a plug they won't loosen between the two of them.

I think I got them at HF 10 yrs ago and they still work fine. I only use them for drain plugs, so that's probably why they've lasted so long.6c0c37df6b43a3dc7437f31d42778e01.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I want to say 13mm but I haven't had to remove my drain plug in a while because I have a fumoto drain valve

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
http://pqiadata.org/OEM_PCMO_322018.html

Mopar stuff looks just like Pennzoil Yellow Bottle (as expected)

But check out the Subaru and BMW and even Toyota offerings.

The BMW stuff is kinda heavy, but look at that NOACK!

Subaru stuff has OK NOACK but is good weight and has good additives and is full synth so should be OK for short tripping.

Toyota stuff is a little light (0W-20 after all) but look at the moly!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nice find Chris, yeah look at that Moly! Gotta try that in a Ram. Why Mercedes omitted Moly is besides me, but they did go with 1000ppm zinc wow. Super class oil with no moly, you dummies. Some other great moly'd oils as well, guys we are starting to see a migration to higher moly levels. With sparce formulas, manu's are looking to moly and Boron to carry the load. This is great, look big brother if we have to go thin to satisfy CAFE, at least let us add some protection. LOL, I love that find Chris, good job.

That Toyota 0w20, looks like M1 with 800pp, moly. I new of this oil but I thought it was only toyo break in oil. I guess maybe it is the regular oil? I am rarely impressed anymore, but that would be it! That toyo is a di-turbo friendly formula but with a ton of goodies, that folks is how you do it. However, in fact I don't know how it can still be api sn with that much zinc. Anyone know why? I'll give you a hint, it's the phos levels. Actually zinc is not the more important number for api sn as defined by ASTM D3244.

It used to be that manu oils were a joke, now they may be best suited for your application. When I run out of PUP, I really have to consider that toyo oil for the SUV.

Great NOACK on the bmw, Mercedes as well, but to find out if it quality base oil you need to see hths and visc at 100 as well. As we know now, you can add Vii's and get whatever NOACK you want, but they wont hold up under a hotter test IE HTHS. However, I would expect a bmw or Mercedes type manu to actually require real quality base oils at some point, so maybe they are.

Visc at 40c or 104F should give you a hint of what is going on. Make our triangle a square sometimes, since a piece of the tri is missing. It looks pretty good, my question would be why is it 5w30? What bmw application is this for? Well duh it says it right on the bottle, twin turbo formula, so looks like a great oil. What is the cost? Found this, "In January 2015 BMW changed official oil suppliers from Castrol to Shell." Still don't see anything as far as group 4/5 on this product, looks like 16 bucks a qrt.

It is over the limit on cold visc, gotta read the notes. Apparently there is an "extended" range for cold crank, but under regular range this oil would have failed. Notes- f- The results are within the API Expanded Range for Cold Crank Viscosity. I wonder if they make a 0w30 for people who need it and what that does to their stat sheet. I would really like to see the hths.

I can't see for **** anymore, does anyone see any dates on Chris's PQIA link? That would be great if PQIA was back at it, but is this old info that was tucked under a rock? Wow found it, yes these are 2018 tests, great news. So PQIA is testing ac delco but not redline yet, lol.

Last edited: