Tailgate Logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I debadged my truck except for the big RAM logo in the tailgate. It looks like it sets down in there and would look funny if it was removed. So I decided on doing something else and will have a new badge made for that area. Only one problem...... I'm not sure how it comes off? Also, while I'm at it. Does the RAM logo in the grill come off? I haven't even looked it it. Thinking if I have a new badge made, I might as well replace both front and rear

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are you putting led lights in the badges?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
No. Why?

karjar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I debadged my truck except for the big RAM logo in the tailgate. It looks like it sets down in there and would look funny if it was removed. So I decided on doing something else and will have a new badge made for that area. Only one problem...... I'm not sure how it comes off? Also, while I'm at it. Does the RAM logo in the grill come off? I haven't even looked it it. Thinking if I have a new badge made, I might as well replace both front and rear

Someone on another forum took his off and painted the face surface, he said there are two posts and holes per letter which made it easy to mount again.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Drop the tailgate down, I believe if you remove the access plate you can get to the bolts that hold the ram logo in.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've done it. It's easy to remove. It's held on with double sided tape. There are 2 posts on the back side, but they are for alignment purposes only... No bolts. Make sure you clean off all the tape residue, then use 3M automotive double sided tape to put it back on.

The front badge, you have to take off the grill in order to remove it. There are 2 or 3 tabs that hold it on and a strip of tape in the center. Pretty easy to do also.

Best way to cut through the tape, use some fishing line and saw back & forth with it. It'll cut through the tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I've done it. It's easy to remove. It's held on with double sided tape. There are 2 posts on the back side, but they are for alignment purposes only... No bolts. Make sure you clean off all the tape residue, then use 3M automotive double sided tape to put it back on.

The front badge, you have to take off the grill in order to remove it. There are 2 or 3 tabs that hold it on and a strip of tape in the center. Pretty easy to do also.

Best way to cut through the tape, use some fishing line and saw back & forth with it. It'll cut through the tape.

That's how I did the rest of the badges. Thanks for the info

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat

Only thing I will add to this is for the tailgate badge. Do it when it's warm(actually wouldn't hurt to warm it up with a hair dryer or heat gun) wear thick gloves to protect your fingers because the adhesive covers the whole back of that badge and is not as easy to get through like the little badges.

For the grill badge - if you have somebody to help it will be much easier because ther are 4 tabs/clips that have to all be pushed at the same time

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen some nice back lit led badges for grill and tailgate. Look badass at night.