The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI-ALERT!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
picture.php

:roflsquared:

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Picked mine up a little over a week ago. I love it!

945F3252-AE10-4FB1-91FD-99FACD2A886F_2.jpg

that's a nice lookin' truck, for a 2 yr old! :naughty: Your profile says your age is 2. Seriously, nice truck. I've never been a fan of white but trucks like yours are starting to make me re-consider.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
that's a nice lookin' truck, for a 2 yr old! :naughty: Your profile says your age is 2. Seriously, nice truck. I've never been a fan of white but trucks like yours are starting to make me re-consider.

I LOVE white. Its slowly becoming the new black. Everything is so damb black latly. The trick to making white look good is making the black trim around it clean and shiny.

White hides scratches very well to.

Wvhemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Yeah guess I need to fix that in the user CP lol. Thanks man!

Wvhemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I LOVE white. Its slowly becoming the new black. Everything is so damb black latly. The trick to making white look good is making the black trim around it clean and shiny.

Yeah I usually get darker vehicles, I traded in a 15 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Pittsburgh Penguins package. Everyone has a blacked out express around here so the white is a welcome change for me.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I usually get darker vehicles, I traded in a 15 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Pittsburgh Penguins package. Everyone has a blacked out express around here so the white is a welcome change for me.

I think you hit the nail on the head. In California it seemed every car was white or silver for many years so I think I always tried to get a darker color. All the sudden the black out thing took over. Now white seems like a refreshing change.

Anyway, are your front door windows tinted as well?

Wvhemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think you hit the nail on the head. In California it seemed every car was white or silver for many years so I think I always tried to get a darker color. All the sudden the black out thing took over. Now white seems like a refreshing change.

Anyway, are your front door windows tinted as well?

Not yet, that's coming next month. Probably going to have to go 35% as that's the legal limit here and none of the shops will pass the inspection if they are darker, especially on a "modified" sticker vehicle.

MrPauloAbesamis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I've had my 2500 6.4 HEMI 4WD now for 5 months as my daily driver, fuel economy sucks but hey it's a 3/4-ton. I love the commanding feel while driving it on the freeway, the V-8 has a distinct tone compared to the 5.7, this one for me has a very industrial tractor sound in it once you fire up the engine and roll it otherwise the familiar V-8 rumble is there an is joyful sound each time I floor it and fly 80 -85MPH on the freeway. We brought it on 4,500-mile trip from TX to NJ couldn't complain, very spacious and comfortable inside and the 6.4ft bed is more than enough for our stuff. I get complements on my 2500 every now and then, I guess it's because of how Dodge/ RAM managed to age the design properly I mean the truck has that in-your-face presence when you first stare at it it's this big chrome grille and wide bumper that'll greet you. My friend aptly called my pickup a very man truck. I love the wide angle trailer mirrors but I hate it that RAM didn't put the spot mirrors in a fixed position.

Only mods I have on it so far are the dealer installed bedliner, Mopar locking gas cap, KN Filter, and BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires. I'm thinking of putting the skid plates from the Power Wagon to my Tradesman for more underbody protection and also the mounting brackets from the PW's winch but again will it work? I want to keep the vehicle bonestock but with minor mods to give it capability and attitude.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

I also have and like my white ram. My only issue here in Colorado is all the oil/gas workers also drive white trucks so there are many of them on the roads in western Colorado.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I also have and like my white ram. My only issue here in Colorado is all the oil/gas workers also drive white trucks so there are many of them on the roads in western Colorado.

Same thing everywhere I've lived. Seems like all fleet trucks are white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Same thing everywhere I've lived. Seems like all fleet trucks are white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have Amtrak, consumers energy and welder/pipefitter unions around here so there's tons of white trucks in southern Michigan.

None of them dodges though..

:happy107:

all have Chevy or fords.

snapper23

Reaction score
That's their loss, driving the other brands.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MrPauloAbesamis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I have been looking at the Power Wagon's winch mount since getting my 2500 6.4 Hemi, ever since I've been tinkering around if those winch mounts would actually work on a standard issue Ram with the big Hemi, I talked to 2 different dealers and they said it should work since Power Wagon is built on a 3/4 frame and the fact that it can be ordered with Tradesman, SLT (the feature model), and Laramie sub-trims. And I'm also wondering if the Power Wagon's skid plates will work on a standard issue 2500.

Has it ever been done before in a standard issue RAM Heavy Duty?

I still want a Power Wagon but for now I can't afford it, my 2500 being bone stock for me serves a perfect canvass for 4WD mods that'll give it an attitude while I maintain it's bone stock look.

River19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
A nice 450 mile round trip yesterday towing a single horse up to Maine for a friend.....heavy little guy at about 1400lbs but the 14mph head wind and cross winds were the story......exactly 10mpg yesterday and it was more like 9 on the way up against the wind and 11ish on the way back empty with less of a wind issue.

I finally punted the tow/haul on the way home so we could have 5th gear more often....T/H loves 4th......with a passion......

Love the 2500 with my trailer, that combo handles the wind nicely, you will feel the buffeting but it holds the line very nicely....and Hawk makes a great horse trailer.....

IT was good to exercise the 6.4L a bit though.....

Rhenry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Blue smoke

Anyone else get a puff of blue smoke at start up from time to time?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Anyone else get a puff of blue smoke at start up from time to time?

I haven't seen it on mine.

A small amount of oil could be seeping past the valve guides (doubtful unless you are approaching 100K miles) or the more probable cause is blow by getting into the intake manifold. Hemi engines do blow a bit of oil through the PCV system.

If you are not seeing any significant oil consumption, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: U&A

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have had that twice with mine, no rime or reason for it that I can see. The last time was 6-8 weeks ago, drive the truck everyday day and haven't seen even a trace of it since. Mine has 28K on it now, runs great and uses no oil. Not going to get excited about it unless it gets to be a common thing.