The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I never really got the debadge thing... I wear em loud n proud.

Horseman, Mine does the same "growl" on decel... is it maybe some form of engine/tranny braking? I personally just chalk it up as MDS function, but nothing concerning. (It's not the rear end. ;) )

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Was the hard one to get off on the drivers side?

You nailed it! Drivers side hemi badge was terrible. I left both the hemi badges on to see how it would look too. Glad I didnt start there or it might have changed my mind about the project as a whole.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was the same. Passenger side came off easy, drivers side was a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
I never really got the debadge thing... I wear em loud n proud.

Horseman, Mine does the same "growl" on decel... is it maybe some form of engine/tranny braking? I personally just chalk it up as MDS function, but nothing concerning. (It's not the rear end. ;) )
Sud, what did you say your oil temp ran?

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
I noticed the tranny hunting a little when i had it locked in 6th manually thats why i went to 5th and kept it there
I'm just a little concerned with the grades in Tennessee and the Carolinas this fall
I have to admit i was pleasantly surprised with how it did tho
Did the tow/haul help slow you any? Curious about your thoughts there...miss the exhaust brake?

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
I seem to remember mine used to be up around 220, and now they are usually lower. I think as the engine breaks in a little, and that new "stuff" burns off the engine, it seems to smell and run hotter.

How long was the trip and what outside temps?

How do you like it compared to your other truck?
I love it! My oil temps have come down a tad, but it still seems high. I'll watch it. Here is my RPMs at 70 today in 6th gear. You can see my temps...RPMs right at 1900.

uploadfromtaptalk1403580554783.jpg

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sud, what did you say your oil temp ran?

Here's a pic of my EVIC within a few days (maybe same day?) of buying the truck. Keep in mind, this was back at the beginning of March, so outside temps were likely in the 50's-60's. (possibly cooler, since this was at night). Truck had under 300 miles on it when this pic was taken.

I honestly haven't checked it lately, i keep the EVIC on fuel mileage info most often. Next time i drive it i'll see where it's at.

NewTruck3_zpse4f05398.jpg

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
Here's a pic of my EVIC within a few days (maybe same day?) of buying the truck. Keep in mind, this was back at the beginning of March, so outside temps were likely in the 50's-60's. (possibly cooler, since this was at night). Truck had under 300 miles on it when this pic was taken.

I honestly haven't checked it lately, i keep the EVIC on fuel mileage info most often. Next time i drive it i'll see where it's at.

NewTruck3_zpse4f05398.jpg
Thanks! Let me know how yours is running since its a bit warmer out. Guys on Cummins forum are giving me a hard time!!

Ram Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
has anyone had a problem with leakage around the rear doors?

we had a gully washer last night and I noticed that my rear seat was wet and water on the inside door panels

this is the second time it has happened and its done it now on each side

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4

we had a gully washer last night and I noticed that my rear seat was wet and water on the inside door panels

Mine hasn't yet. Thank goodness. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Mine hasn't yet. Thank goodness. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I haven't noticed, but I will be watching for it now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Westernbrown710

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hey guys new to the fourm, took me a while to get one in the color and trim i wanted. i just picked up my 2014 ram 2500 crew 6.4l in western brown last week. It is an outdoorsman package. i love the truck. traded the diesel in like the rest of us. i drive about 120miles to work every day round trip and im averaging 17 with it. so needless to say im very happy. that is with 89 grade fuel. 87 the mds seems to harsh, so i would recommend 89 and greater. i also notices about 0.5-1.0 mpg differance with the fuel grade. going to run 91 non ethonal next week and see if i can get over 18.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went to the suspension shop (TCS in Modesto, Ca) and got a quote for $3,100 installed 8" FTS lift kit powder coated black. I was looking to pay around 3K for a lift anyways. It will maintain the same ride quality as it is essentially a 5" spacer in back and 8" in front with all the other components to get it right. I'm looking to get this done by the end of July/beginning of August. So stay tuned!

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
RetraxOne came in today, of course I wasted not time installing it.8uploadfromtaptalk1403659837770.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403659847314.jpguploadfromtaptalk1403659856272.jpg

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does a bed cover help any with fuel mileage? essentially removing that huge wind-catcher (tail-gate) at the back of the truck, just didn't know if adding a bed cover (or even a topper for that matter) would help with fuel mileage?

If so, that's an added bonus. I'm contemplating either a topper or bed cover.

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Does a bed cover help any with fuel mileage? essentially removing that huge wind-catcher (tail-gate) at the back of the truck, just didn't know if adding a bed cover (or even a topper for that matter) would help with fuel mileage?

If so, that's an added bonus. I'm contemplating either a topper or bed cover.
They say it does, I'll let you know if I experience an improvement.