The Best Arguement for Great Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Dean2 I know you live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Hope you are enjoying the weather. But I know that you know it won’t last

OP
OP
Dean2

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Dean2 I know you live in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Hope you are enjoying the weather. But I know that you know it won’t last
Yes, we are actually here by choice, could live pretty much anywhere we choose to. We like the weather in this part of the world, but being snow free and warm, +39 F rather than -20 F normally, is kind of a nice way to shorten up the winter. Hope it holds out for a little longer. Have a great New Year.

Just Bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I use an all season tire, the Destination LE3. it worked well in the slush up in Wisconsin in early December, and the rain and aftermath of the lake effect snow on I-80 going back and forth. If I drive carefully on ice, they are okay. I can't justify dedicated snow tires/wheels for the one or two true snowfalls I may get each year. Ordered a heavier rear sway bar on to lessen understeer and body roll for towing/snow/wet.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
When I was younger and didn’t have any money I used to run what ever tires I had. You just had to be careful and don’t do dumb stuff. It’s one of the ways that you learn to drive in the snow. And to get out when you get stuck

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, we are actually here by choice, could live pretty much anywhere we choose to. We like the weather in this part of the world, but being snow free and warm, +39 F rather than -20 F normally, is kind of a nice way to shorten up the winter. Hope it holds out for a little longer. Have a great New Year.
39F sounds sooooo much betta than -20

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
So far no snow to speak of and no-30 c yet but January and February aren’t here yet

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
When I was younger and didn’t have any money I used to run what ever tires I had. You just had to be careful and don’t do dumb stuff. It’s one of the ways that you learn to drive in the snow. And to get out when you get stuck
When i was a kid i drove this thing all over he!l all winter long in Sask and Alberta on the tires in the pic,never once had an accident,but i learned how to drive on ice very quick,lol

Attachments

• ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 7

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
If you don’t still have it I bet you regret it. Mine was a 73 f250 retired forestry truck bald tires all around open diff slant 6 leaked all fluids but not afraid to beat it.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I like Cooper tires just fine and them ran on a one ton Ford.
Millions of people think 4wd is essential and that buying fancy tires for all tough conditions is really important for the five days a year they don't have plowed roads.

WillT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie 1500
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
The majority of people in that thread had zero issues with Cooper tires. I've been running Cooper Snow claws on my truck and they're fantastic, so far. I guess we'll see how they are after a few winters.
I'm so happy with them, I was going to get the AT3 4s for my summer tires.
I ran Cooper snowclaws on mine and I had nonstop issues with them. Will never be getting them again. I live in rural Alberta and they ran a lot of gravel so that might be a factor, but still no excuse. I think I was in the shop close to 7 times throughout the winter to get one of them fixed. Ive had BFs on for a year and a half now and theyre amazing. Great on ice and snow and not loud on the highway in the summer. I just leave them on year round. plus they look sweet

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca