The start of my mod list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone, reading these forums have given me the bug and I have started a list of things I would like to do to my truck.

If anyone has suggestions or feedback on parts I have listed and picked out I would love to hear them.

Truck is a 2016 Ram 1500 sport blackout edition

- BBK shorty headers
- S&B cold air intake
- Moe’s 87MM ported throttle body
- Carven progressive muffler
- 5” black exhaust tips
- Billet technology oil catch can
- Hellwig rear sway bar
- Black shorty antenna
- FX-R Projectors with 35w 5500k HID
- Morimoto XB LED fog lights
- Mevotech upper control arms

On the fence for core4x4 control arms too

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you are gonna do headers, a ported TB, the intake and a freer flowing muffler; I'd strongly suggest a programmer and custom tune to take advantage of the increased airflow.

All that additional airflow may introduce a significant lean air/fuel ratio. A programmer and tunes can adjust fuel delivery and timing to use that air and keep a lean condition from pulling timing and fuel, which reduces power.

OP
OP
MoparBrent

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey thanks for the input I definitely did have one in mind just forgot to add it to the list.
Any good recommendations? I’ve seen lots of people on here talk about custom hemifever tunes

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would recommend ARH long tube headers instead of shorties. Also I recommend a set of Bil's 5100 adjustable for the front shocks. For optimum performance I would recommend a Vararam CAI. Core upper and lower control arms would be a nice addition also. If you get a Hemifever custom tune, have him include a trans tune also. A Pedal Commander would also work well with your tuner. They compliment each other very well. What gear ratio do you have?
Jay

Dark Knight 500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Pedal commander and just a drop in high flow air filter are probably the single best mods I have done IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
MoparBrent

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend ARH long tube headers instead of shorties. Also I recommend a set of Bil's 5100 adjustable for the front shocks. For optimum performance I would recommend a Vararam CAI. Core upper and lower control arms would be a nice addition also. If you get a Hemifever custom tune, have him include a trans tune also. A Pedal Commander would also work well with your tuner. They compliment each other very well. What gear ratio do you have?
Jay

To be honest not interested in LT headers. Where I live they are strict on emissions and I was leaning towards short tubes as I do actually use my truck for towing and hauling stuff in my box often.

Same deal on the Vararam CAI I get a ton of rain and snow where I live so that’s why I decided on S&B.

What tuner would you recommend? Diablo trinity? Don’t have much personal knowledge on tuners

Oh and I’m running 3.92 gears

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Long tube headers offer better performance and if you buy the high flow cat's I don't believe you will have any emission problems, however short tube headers are definitely cheaper than the long tubes but offer very limited increase in power. Some people who live in areas with heavy snow fall and lots of rain storms have complained about the Vararam allowing moisture into the filter. I live in Texas and get hard rain from time to time and I have never had that experience. S&B does offer a good CAI and for my purposes it would be my second choice behind the Vararam. I would recommend a Diablo tuner with a Hemifever tune. I also would have him install a trans tune also. There are a couple of newer model Diablo tuners and I'd contact Matt at Moe's Performance for a specific recommendation for your particular usage. In addition to buying the tuner you will also have to buy an unlocked PCM or send yours to Diablo to have it unlocked so it will accept the tune.
Jay

OP
OP
MoparBrent

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good thanks for all the info. Where I live We get 10-15 feet of snow each season and tons of rain in the summer so I think the S&B will suite me better.

Headers would probably be the last thing I do anyways. Have no broken manifold bolts so far(fingers crossed) so I’m in no rush to get in there yet

Will most likely start with the CAI and Carven muffler with 5” tips for now and go from there

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might also read some of the many, many threads on the Pedal Commander. While not actually increasing the hp or tq. it sure makes your truck a lot more fun to drive.
That's a **** load of snow---I'm hoping I've shoveled my last shovel of snow---that's why I moved to Texas----LOL
Jay

OP
OP
MoparBrent

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea i’ve definitely seen the never ending forum posts about them on here lol

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long tube headers offer better performance and if you buy the high flow cat's I don't believe you will have any emission problems, however short tube headers are definitely cheaper than the long tubes but offer very limited increase in power. Some people who live in areas with heavy snow fall and lots of rain storms have complained about the Vararam allowing moisture into the filter. I live in Texas and get hard rain from time to time and I have never had that experience. S&B does offer a good CAI and for my purposes it would be my second choice behind the Vararam. I would recommend a Diablo tuner with a Hemifever tune. I also would have him install a trans tune also. There are a couple of newer model Diablo tuners and I'd contact Matt at Moe's Performance for a specific recommendation for your particular usage. In addition to buying the tuner you will also have to buy an unlocked PCM or send yours to Diablo to have it unlocked so it will accept the tune.
Jay

I just put my ARH longtubes w/high-flow cats and mid-pipe. Aside from it being a total PIA install (fitting mid-pipe in, dip stick bolt, O2 sensors sucked), I love them. Definitely more power and I have NO drone. I do have a Corsa Cat-back that does sound much better with the long-tubes (sounded good before). It pulls hard and screams at higher RPM's, but is quiet (other than cold-start) when I want it to be. Very happy I did it and my wife actually approved of one of my mods. I waited until I had a broken manifold bolt to install, and wish I had 30k miles ago.

I was a little worried about drone/noise as I had a Mustang years ago that I put Kooks LT headers on and it was way too loud, if there is such a thing.