Thinking of buying Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it looks like what i want Cant Even be ordered In canada, no surprise. Now i guess its time to see How much it would cost to replace the chrome bumpers, 20's, and The headlights and tail lights on an ST. Sucks because i was hoping i wouldnt have to play with a vehicle for once
my advice on this is dont do it.

order something a little higher spec that has all those parts and be done with it.

i was in a similar situation when i ordered my 2015 reg cab SLT - i really wanted the R/T but that's not available here, eventually i ended up spending much more than an R/T to get the look i wanted.
lights, bumper, exhaust, harnesses, sway bar etc.. all added up and i'm still missing the black interior and convenience group.

OP
OP
N

nasty_nat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you thought about getting just a Express with the V6 in black not the black appearance group? Your best option will probably be to find someone that has either an express or sport with the sport bumper, and do a swap. Tail lights and heads will run you around $800-$1000USD for TYC/OEM projectors and Led tails. The black express also has the 7" EVIC and the 5.0 Screen among other things.

Thats the biggest problem. In Canada the express doesnt exist. Only in regular cab. The closest thing we have to the express is the ST, which has a similar interior, but only available with 17's and chrome bumpers... I hate chrome :(.

The only way to get color matched bumpers here: black express with hemi (whenever theyre available), sport, or the limited. All of which have a hemi lol. Ugh such limited options.

my advice on this is dont do it.

order something a little higher spec that has all those parts and be done with it.

i was in a similar situation when i ordered my 2015 reg cab SLT - i really wanted the R/T but that's not available here, eventually i ended up spending much more than an R/T to get the look i wanted.
lights, bumper, exhaust, harnesses, sway bar etc.. all added up and i'm still missing the black interior and convenience group.

I understand what your getting at, but the next thing up is a sport. Its looking like I may just settle and get a hemi and hope a good tuner comes out, or maybe look into just getting a civic to commute in again..but that means back to paying insurance on two vehicles. Lol no other options really. Thanks for all the input guys!

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Thats the biggest problem. In Canada the express doesnt exist. Only in regular cab. The closest thing we have to the express is the ST, which has a similar interior, but only available with 17's and chrome bumpers... I hate chrome :(.

The only way to get color matched bumpers here: black express with hemi (whenever theyre available), sport, or the limited. All of which have a hemi lol. Ugh such limited options.

Could you not buy the truck in the US then drive it back over into the Canadian Border? I imagine there would be a duty fee also.

OP
OP
N

nasty_nat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could you not buy the truck in the US then drive it back over into the Canadian Border? I imagine there would be a duty fee also.

That was my plan for the longest while. Ive done that in the past with my bikes. But the problem right now is 1. the canadian dollar is crap right now, 2. finding a dodge dealership who will sell a new vehicle to a Canadian these days is hard (politics), 3. I cant get financing if I buy across the boarder, 4. Once it crosses the boarder, the warranty is void.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I understand what your getting at, but the next thing up is a sport. Its looking like I may just settle and get a hemi and hope a good tuner comes out, or maybe look into just getting a civic to commute in again..but that means back to paying insurance on two vehicles. Lol no other options really. Thanks for all the input guys!

the hemi in 4x2 is pretty good on mileage btw, my reg cab is RWD with the 3.92 axle and i average about 14l/100km that's with me being heavy footed and taking account lots of stop and go traffic. Highway driving can get me as low as 9l/100km average.

if you get the hemi crew with 3.21 and rwd i don't see much of difference in MPG.

good luck on the search an i do hope you get what your after :).

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
skip the vag6 and get the hemi, helps trade-in/resale. I mean shopping for brand new trucks and worrying about 2mpg at best is silly. If MPG is chief concern get a car :favorites13:

roastpuff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful! I ended up with pretty much the same truck as you, I've been enjoying it a lot!

blazenlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good choice!! You will love it! :favorites13:

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice congrats!

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi everyone! Been lurking for quite a while but just registered.

First I wanna apologize for making another thread comparing the hemi to the pentastar, Ive searched and read pretty much every thread on the topic, and I know the topic is beat to death :superhack:

Ive really had my mindset on selling my 05 sierra ext cab and upgrading to a crew cab ram 1500 black express with the pentastar v6 and 4x4,I love the blacked out look. But so far Ive been unsuccessful finding that truck, and the local dealer just told me a few come next month, but theyre all hemi and 6 speed.

The salesman told me for in and around the same price, he could put me in a pretty base Sport which will have the color matched bumpers I desire, and the 8 speed tranny.

My current truck has the 5.3 and I commute, and in the 4 years Ive owned it, Ive NEVER towed and probably never will. The most I haul are a few bikes which made me say Id probably never buy another v8 truck again. Am I gonna regret it if I buy that sport? Gas mileage is KEY. Any input appreciated, thanks guys!

My sport with the hemi / 8speed combo gets great fuel mileage,as long as you leave it stock & dont lift &/or up size the tires youll love it.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a sport with the 3.21's and I get good mileage at least for a truck. I'm getting 16 in town and 21 even 22 on the highway.

Me too & about the same as you.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Congrats on your new truck,i'm sure your gonna love driving it as much as i love driving mine as i have close to the same truck.My engine knocked upon start up once but hasn't done it again so if yours does try & not worry as i guess that & the transmission slip mine had,again just once was a learning curve / break in of sorts since niether has happened again & it runs / shifts like a champ & gets great gas mileage now.

OP
OP
N

nasty_nat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks alot guys! I love it so far. First thing Im looking into is getting stone guard, a tonneau cover, tint, and maybe some 1" wheel spacers. The stock sound system sounds great for stock, but I'm coming from a sierra with 2 12 w7's so in the near future Im sure Ill be changing that stock 8 lol

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks alot guys! I love it so far. First thing Im looking into is getting stone guard, a tonneau cover, tint, and maybe some 1" wheel spacers. The stock sound system sounds great for stock, but I'm coming from a sierra with 2 12 w7's so in the near future Im sure Ill be changing that stock 8 lol

If your not planning on using the fold out shelf under the rear seat ( foxbox ) makes a great sub box to put in place of where the underseat storage is.
So many tonneaus to choose from,i went with a truxedo duece 2 & a truxedo tonneau mate tool box which i like quite a bit.Congratulations & good luck keeping the miles down as it's a great cruiser & hard to not drive.However there's a few issues here & there so make sure everything works as it should like the map lights etc.
I tinted all windows 5% looks awesome.Oh stay away from avs in channel vent visors as the window hits it going up & causes it to lower from the built in safety feature,huge pita.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Just get the 3.21 gears, I have them and get 21-22 highway and 16-17 city with my hemi 4x4. The 8 speed, cylinder cut off, and 3.21 gears really help the hemi get reasonable mileage.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How do I know what gears my truck has?? I have a 14 express regular cab 4x4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy