Thoughts about trading??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith1993may

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2014 ram 1500 express. Hemi 4x4 with 8 speed trans. It has 20,000 miles and I bought it new. Done a few things like under seat kicker speaker, running boards new headlights and taillights. Bull bar etc. I owe 21,000 on it and I have positive equity in it. Dealer trade in value is 25,000. I've been thinking about trading in for a 2015 challenger scat pack. With my positive equity I could potentially get the car for 32,000 as they are only asking 37,000. My question is what would you do? Keep the truck or own a scat pack?

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2014 ram 1500 express. Hemi 4x4 with 8 speed trans. It has 20,000 miles and I bought it new. Done a few things like under seat kicker speaker, running boards new headlights and taillights. Bull bar etc. I owe 21,000 on it and I have positive equity in it. Dealer trade in value is 25,000. I've been thinking about trading in for a 2015 challenger scat pack. With my positive equity I could potentially get the car for 32,000 as they are only asking 37,000. My question is what would you do? Keep the truck or own a scat pack?
Oh man. I did something similar with my 2012 ram for a 2016 charger scat pack.

Here are my opinions on this:

1.with a good dealer, you can knock down that msrp...which challengers, you should make a good deal because there are more of them compared when I placed my order for a charger scat pack

2. Take any mods you can take out of your truck and sell it on ebay, craigslist list, on this forum. You will get zero money for it from the dealer.
3. Please be aware of the height difference. I'm getting use to it after 3 months and I didn't realize how low to the ground the car is
4. Shop around...and get any quotes on paper so you can show it at other dealers. Best time to do it is at the end of the month or year end model (perfect time for the challengers)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P.s....my reason for trading it, was because of my current moving situation, kids (quad cab wasn't working for me after 4 years), and the large amount of equity I was able to transfer to my charger scat pack.

Down the road, in about 4 years I can see myself back into a pickup.

OP
OP
K

keith1993may

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you regret it or was you happy with it? Mines also a quad cab. No kids no wife just a girlfriend lol

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you regret it or was you happy with it? Mines also a quad cab. No kids no wife just a girlfriend lol
Never...no regrets in buying the truck when I did. I could have done the crew cab route, but I didn't because I knew that I my be trading it down the road for a charger. When the charger redesign came out in 2015, I really like it. Then I stumbled on to a scat pack, and I fell in love.

I had an 06 charger and I loved it, but I had major issues towards year 5 of having it, so I fix what I could, then traded it in for a ram.

When I think back now, I do miss my truck, but I wouldn't be able to buy my scat pack without the truck.

I have my memories of my truck...no issues for over 4+years.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd go for it. Your only young once. Then you have kids and a truck barely works.