Thoughts on the Profile D2S Bi-Lens Projector for $50?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Im getting ready to do another personal retrofit, this time in a set of the 2019 style AlphaRex lights. Most of the parts will be here tomorrow, and I planned on leaving the Projectors alone, but now I’m thinking I might drop in the Profile D2S Projectors. My idea was to swap out all 4 Projectors for these, and wire everything up so I have all 4 Projectors for my low beams, then the shields drop on all 4 of them for the high beams. Originally I wasn’t going to do this because I did not want to drop $300+ on Projectors and even more on 2 hid kits, but with the Profile Projectors only being $50 each, that’s $100 for the Projectors and I can use my current Innovited HID kit and just swap out the bulbs for D2S and some igniters, then order a second HID kit from Innovited for $40.

So I’m estimating it would run me about $150 for 4 Profile D2S Projectors, 1 Innovited D2S HID kit and 2 D2S bulbs and Ignitors.

But I searched and searched google for a good 4 hours over the last 2 days and I couldn’t find a single forum post or website review on these Projectors which just seems weird to me. There was a few reviews on the TRS product page but I don’t ever really trust reviews on the manufacturers website as they most likely delete the negative reviews.

Anyways, does anyone have these in their retrofit? Or does anyone have any first hand experience with these Projectors? From what little info I found on them, these Profile’s are the older Morimoto D2S 3.0 Projectors, which would make sense.

Can’t wait to get this build done, even if I don’t swap Projectors.

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
From what I understand the Profiles are based off Morimoto's design. I've left an honest review for one of their products and it stayed on TRS website.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
From what I understand the Profiles are based off Morimoto's design. I've left an honest review for one of their products and it stayed on TRS website.

Well that’s good to know they keep up the reviews that arnt positive.

I think I’m gonna buy 1 pair of them and test them out and if they are decent then I’ll order a second pair for the high beam slot. If they don’t seem usable then I’ll just return them, I’ve never had an issue returning something to TRS so I’m not to worried.

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Im getting ready to do another personal retrofit, this time in a set of the 2019 style AlphaRex lights. Most of the parts will be here tomorrow, and I planned on leaving the Projectors alone, but now I’m thinking I might drop in the Profile D2S Projectors. My idea was to swap out all 4 Projectors for these, and wire everything up so I have all 4 Projectors for my low beams, then the shields drop on all 4 of them for the high beams. Originally I wasn’t going to do this because I did not want to drop $300+ on Projectors and even more on 2 hid kits, but with the Profile Projectors only being $50 each, that’s $100 for the Projectors and I can use my current Innovited HID kit and just swap out the bulbs for D2S and some igniters, then order a second HID kit from Innovited for $40.

So I’m estimating it would run me about $150 for 4 Profile D2S Projectors, 1 Innovited D2S HID kit and 2 D2S bulbs and Ignitors.

But I searched and searched google for a good 4 hours over the last 2 days and I couldn’t find a single forum post or website review on these Projectors which just seems weird to me. There was a few reviews on the TRS product page but I don’t ever really trust reviews on the manufacturers website as they most likely delete the negative reviews.

Anyways, does anyone have these in their retrofit? Or does anyone have any first hand experience with these Projectors? From what little info I found on them, these Profile’s are the older Morimoto D2S 3.0 Projectors, which would make sense.

Can’t wait to get this build done, even if I don’t swap Projectors.

For $50, definitely get a set...for the lows only, though. I don’t know if you’ve seen the light output on a ram with only the low beams on with the shield dropped, but it’s definitely nowhere near high beam output. It definitely COMPLIMENTS the highs (which makes it worth the $50 to have shield solenoids), but having two sets of projectors with cutoff lines for highs, I think you’ll be disappointed. I say stick with the open high projectors and $50 low projectors.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
For $50, definitely get a set...for the lows only, though. I don’t know if you’ve seen the light output on a ram with only the low beams on with the shield dropped, but it’s definitely nowhere near high beam output. It definitely COMPLIMENTS the highs (which makes it worth the $50 to have shield solenoids), but having two sets of projectors with cutoff lines for highs, I think you’ll be disappointed. I say stick with the open high projectors and $50 low projectors.

Do you have a set of the AlphaRex 2019 Style headlights? Because here’s the problem; the high beam projector on the Alpha lights is a joke!! Just last night I was flicking my high beams on and off like 20 times because I couldn’t tell if they were even coming on or not!!! I currently have the Katana LED Bulbs in the high beams (the version a lot of members got for the Alpha lights, has the “photoshopped red circuit board” in the amazon product pictures) and a set of the Innovited 35w HID’s in the low beams. Even with the stock H7 halogens that the Alpha’s came with, it was extremely hard to tell of your high beams were coming on or not.

My point being... the current “projector” in the Alpha high beam spot is literally useless. 100% useless and there is no point to even use it at night, with maybe the exception of turning them on for the “looks” (quad projectors lit up).

Anything, and I mean anything, will be a huge upgrade over the disaster of a projector in there right now. So I was thinking if I had 4 Profile D2S Projectors on for the low beams and I properly aim them, then I won’t blind oncoming drivers, and when the shield drops for the high beams, since it’s 4 of them, i imagine it will end up being a somewhat decent boost from the low beam output. It will most definitely be an upgrade compared to the current high beam projector.

I’ve also considered the Profile HiLens led Projector as I’ve had one on my last personal build and I install them all the time on customer builds, but 2 forum members have already put the HiLens into the high beam spot and I kinda wanna do something different.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
TRS only has the Profile D2S square lens Projectors, which I’m actually happy about because the AlphaRex stock projectors are circles, but the shrouds are square’ish, so it should look really nice with the square projector lens inside the square shroud. I just noticed today that a good 1/4” of the top of the projector lens is covered by the projector shroud so I’m also hoping the square profiles will fit better into the shroud cutout.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do you have a set of the AlphaRex 2019 Style headlights? Because here’s the problem; the high beam projector on the Alpha lights is a joke!! Just last night I was flicking my high beams on and off like 20 times because I couldn’t tell if they were even coming on or not!!! I currently have the Katana LED Bulbs in the high beams (the version a lot of members got for the Alpha lights, has the “photoshopped red circuit board” in the amazon product pictures) and a set of the Innovited 35w HID’s in the low beams. Even with the stock H7 halogens that the Alpha’s came with, it was extremely hard to tell of your high beams were coming on or not.

My point being... the current “projector” in the Alpha high beam spot is literally useless. 100% useless and there is no point to even use it at night, with maybe the exception of turning them on for the “looks” (quad projectors lit up).

Anything, and I mean anything, will be a huge upgrade over the disaster of a projector in there right now. So I was thinking if I had 4 Profile D2S Projectors on for the low beams and I properly aim them, then I won’t blind oncoming drivers, and when the shield drops for the high beams, since it’s 4 of them, i imagine it will end up being a somewhat decent boost from the low beam output. It will most definitely be an upgrade compared to the current high beam projector.

Yes, I have the 2019 style, and I was the first (to my knowledge) to open them up and modify them. I’m a bit miffed about your assessment of the high beam output, as, in my comparisons, are pretty much exactly the same as factory projectors and the TYC projectors. The only difference was, the alpharex highs are probably aimed just a hair too high. When I modified them, I ended up using a set of Morimoto d2s minis for the lows. The ONLY reason I used them is because I had them laying around collecting dust, and to utilize the shield solenoid. Otherwise, the light output and beam pattern/width is exactly the same as the low projectors that came with the lights. With the minis, I did have to shim the bulbs to get rid of that annoying blue outline across the cutoff line, though. In my opinion, the high beam output is near perfect for me, and this is using a no name $29 amazon set of LEDs for the highs. On the way to work tomorrow morning, I’ll get a shot with the lows, then the highs of an area I drive through that is surrounded by overhead trees.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Throw some pics up this way we can see exactly the complaint of the high beam bulbs

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes, I have the 2019 style, and I was the first (to my knowledge) to open them up and modify them. I’m a bit miffed about your assessment of the high beam output, as, in my comparisons, are pretty much exactly the same as factory projectors and the TYC projectors. The only difference was, the alpharex highs are probably aimed just a hair too high. When I modified them, I ended up using a set of Morimoto d2s minis for the lows. The ONLY reason I used them is because I had them laying around collecting dust, and to utilize the shield solenoid. Otherwise, the light output and beam pattern/width is exactly the same as the low projectors that came with the lights. With the minis, I did have to shim the bulbs to get rid of that annoying blue outline across the cutoff line, though. In my opinion, the high beam output is near perfect for me, and this is using a no name $29 amazon set of LEDs for the highs. On the way to work tomorrow morning, I’ll get a shot with the lows, then the highs of an area I drive through that is surrounded by overhead trees.

When I first installed these running the Hikari led's and halogen highs I had a similar complaint that I really couldn't tell a big difference when the highs were on. Even when I added some auxbeam led's I couldn't tell much a difference. I do wish I upgraded the low beam projectors while I was in their and had a decent place to test them. The highs are aimed a touch to high.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this even a legit question? If you can retrofit yourself I’d say it’s a definite yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is this even a legit question? If you can retrofit yourself I’d say it’s a definite yes.

My question is, what are people’s experiences with these specific Profile D2S Projectors. I retrofit headlights daily as I have my own business but I’ve never had to install these on a build, so I was curious about them because if they are decent for $50 I wanted to try them out so I can give customers an honest opinion on them if they ask, but if a bunch of members say they are horrible and useless, then I won’t even bother ordering them.

Basically I’m looking for anyone who has retro’d these specific Projectors and their thoughts on them.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check these out. Twice as bright as the morimoto D2s, and half the price.

View attachment 177392

View attachment 177393

Half the price? Those are $102 and the Morimoto D2S 4.0 are $120 and the 5.0’s are $145.

But that’s not really important seeing as I’m talking about the Profile D2S Projectors which are $50.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

It’s hard to capture bulb output accurately with a phone camera, and yes, the high beam with the katanas is useless. I have them adjusted to the leds facing 9 and 6 o’clock. Even the halogens were useless. I’m about to leave in a few minutes I’ll find a dark area and take some pics and a video.

Throw some pics up this way we can see exactly the complaint of the high beam bulbs

Like I said above, it’s hard to accurately portray bulb output on a phone camera. Or any camera really. But I’m gonna get some pics and a video in a few minutes.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My question is, what are people’s experiences with these specific Profile D2S Projectors. I retrofit headlights daily as I have my own business but I’ve never had to install these on a build, so I was curious about them because if they are decent for $50 I wanted to try them out so I can give customers an honest opinion on them if they ask, but if a bunch of members say they are horrible and useless, then I won’t even bother ordering them.

Basically I’m looking for anyone who has retro’d these specific Projectors and their thoughts on them.

I say for 50 bucks why not try them. They can always be replaced since you have the expertise. Cheap prices always scare me from my past experiences with aftermarket products but 50 bucks isn’t a lot to be out if they end of being bad.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I say for 50 bucks why not try them. They can always be replaced since you have the expertise. Cheap prices always scare me from my past experiences with aftermarket products but 50 bucks isn’t a lot to be out if they end of being bad.

Well I plan on replacing both low and high Projectors so I would need 2 pairs of the Profile Projectors.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah now you’re getting expensive lol. Wish I could help

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Low + Fogs (forgot they were on)
e9afe203bccb0f875bdaa6784a2be05e.jpg

High + Low + Fogs
14bdffca2567cebe5b00db14355c18bc.jpg

Low Beam (no more fogs in any pictures below)
481e3c8eba29b0953f29ab10b9a3352c.jpg

High Beam
4359cd40a345a9485e5c6c03dd2629c2.jpg

Low Beam
f4ccede11ce6e13304ff2af29a095f93.jpg

High Beam
a428b051c82c88f663b7c7646e89cb89.jpg

Low Beam
f3a0c54c5c9f52e9ddeb21029e7143be.jpg

High Beam
a04f5a1e83118655db39ac9f0255bacc.jpg

Video of a couple different scenarios from above, with me flipping the highs on and off.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is using the innovited 35w ballasts with d2s bulbs for lows. These LEDs for highs- https://www.amazon.com/Aukee-Headli...onversion+Kit&qid=1566471724&s=gateway&sr=8-1

5hYpmRB.jpg

ixHbWTK.jpg

What housing are those? And what projector?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517