Thoughts on the Profile D2S Bi-Lens Projector for $50?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What housing are those? And what projector?

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]
2019 style alpharex. Original high beam projectors. D2s mini low beams. SAvRtnZ.jpg

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Low + Fogs (forgot they were on)
e9afe203bccb0f875bdaa6784a2be05e.jpg

High + Low + Fogs
14bdffca2567cebe5b00db14355c18bc.jpg

Low Beam (no more fogs in any pictures below)
481e3c8eba29b0953f29ab10b9a3352c.jpg

High Beam
4359cd40a345a9485e5c6c03dd2629c2.jpg

Low Beam
f4ccede11ce6e13304ff2af29a095f93.jpg

High Beam
a428b051c82c88f663b7c7646e89cb89.jpg

Low Beam
f3a0c54c5c9f52e9ddeb21029e7143be.jpg

High Beam
a04f5a1e83118655db39ac9f0255bacc.jpg

Video of a couple different scenarios from above, with me flipping the highs on and off.

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]

Those highs seem pretty bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Notice the height of the cutoff line- sOyjnEL.jpg

Compared the the height with the shield dropped- rKoDJWR.jpg

If you were to go with high beam projectors with shields, you wouldn’t have any light above the red line.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2019 style alpharex. Original high beam projectors. D2s mini low beams. SAvRtnZ.jpg

Nice. Morimoto, Acme or Profile D2S? Also if it’s the Morimoto D2S, do you have the 4.0’s or 5.0’s. Me, personally, I love the 5.0’s. I had a pair of them in my last retrofit, matched with the Profile HiLens high beam projector and a ton of rgb leds and other stuff lol.

Also, your LED DRL’s look brighter then stock AlphaRex. Did you upgrade? Normally I install the Profile Sequential Switchback Strips for customers, as that’s what most want in these lights. The set I’m building for my truck will have the Profile Prism RGBWA Switchback + RGB Strips in top and bottom and RGB Demon Eyes in all 4 Projectors. Then black out paint and whatever Projectors I decide to upgrade too.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Notice the height of the cutoff line- sOyjnEL.jpg

Compared the the height with the shield dropped- rKoDJWR.jpg

If you were to go with high beam projectors with shields, you wouldn’t have any light above the red line.

Well it would be better then what I have now. As for not having light above the red line, I’m very familiar with D2S 4.0/5.0 Morimotos and I feel that 4 of them on with lows and then 4 of them with shields dropped for Highs + my fogs, will be plenty of light.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’ll have my personal set open tomorrow so if I can adjust the stock AlphaRex high beam projector to actually put light out of it, then I would keep it, but as it works right now; it’s fricken useless. I’ve built so many retrofits and all of them had better high beams then this, even the ones with a solo bi-xenon projector.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice. Morimoto, Acme or Profile D2S? Also if it’s the Morimoto D2S, do you have the 4.0’s or 5.0’s. Me, personally, I love the 5.0’s. I had a pair of them in my last retrofit, matched with the Profile HiLens high beam projector and a ton of rgb leds and other stuff lol.

Also, your LED DRL’s look brighter then stock AlphaRex. Did you upgrade? Normally I install the Profile Sequential Switchback Strips for customers, as that’s what most want in these lights. The set I’m building for my truck will have the Profile Prism RGBWA Switchback + RGB Strips in top and bottom and RGB Demon Eyes in all 4 Projectors. Then black out paint and whatever Projectors I decide to upgrade too.

Morimoto 4.0s. Like I mentioned earlier though, I only used them for the shield solenoid. Light output/width on the 4.0s is the same as the lows that came with.

I ultimately ended up using these for my upper and lower strips- https://www.amazon.com/Sequence-YAN...Paste+Install&qid=1566489368&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I started off with profiles for just the lowers, but the color was so far off from the upper the way it came, that I couldn’t leave it like that. No way I was forking over that kind of money for another set of profiles for the uppers, plus the month long debacle with TRS not having them in stock originally (whole other story).

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Im getting ready to do another personal retrofit, this time in a set of the 2019 style AlphaRex lights. Most of the parts will be here tomorrow, and I planned on leaving the Projectors alone, but now I’m thinking I might drop in the Profile D2S Projectors. My idea was to swap out all 4 Projectors for these, and wire everything up so I have all 4 Projectors for my low beams, then the shields drop on all 4 of them for the high beams. Originally I wasn’t going to do this because I did not want to drop $300+ on Projectors and even more on 2 hid kits, but with the Profile Projectors only being $50 each, that’s $100 for the Projectors and I can use my current Innovited HID kit and just swap out the bulbs for D2S and some igniters, then order a second HID kit from Innovited for $40.

So I’m estimating it would run me about $150 for 4 Profile D2S Projectors, 1 Innovited D2S HID kit and 2 D2S bulbs and Ignitors.

But I searched and searched google for a good 4 hours over the last 2 days and I couldn’t find a single forum post or website review on these Projectors which just seems weird to me. There was a few reviews on the TRS product page but I don’t ever really trust reviews on the manufacturers website as they most likely delete the negative reviews.

Anyways, does anyone have these in their retrofit? Or does anyone have any first hand experience with these Projectors? From what little info I found on them, these Profile’s are the older Morimoto D2S 3.0 Projectors, which would make sense.

Can’t wait to get this build done, even if I don’t swap Projectors.

TRS has no reason to remove negative reviews, they don't manufacture profile, it's just another product line they sell, like morimoto. I have a few profile led bulbs, and they are awesome output, and lasting over a year so far.
From what I've been told when talking to customer service, the profile d2s stacks up pretty close to the morimoto 4.0. The 4.0 are flawless, optically clear, a bit wider and sharper cutoff, but for the price difference, it's not that much of a difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Pure garbage and expensive garbage. Will never be twice as bought as the morimotos, especially with a Blue lens. You want clear lenses for better optics, why tint it blue and diminish output yet claim is brighter.

That was my thoughts exactly, but I just didn’t want to be the guy to say it hahaha. I’d never recommend the G5-EX to any customers and I would try to talk them out of that projector if they called asking for it. Also, why buy it off eBay when it’s cheaper from TRS and you actually get a warranty and return policy that isn’t insane to utilize.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
TRS has no reason to remove negative reviews, they don't manufacture profile, it's just another product line they sell, like morimoto. I have a few profile led bulbs, and they are awesome output, and lasting over a year so far.
From what I've been told when talking to customer service, the profile d2s stacks up pretty close to the morimoto 4.0. The 4.0 are flawless, optically clear, a bit wider and sharper cutoff, but for the price difference, it's not that much of a difference.

Actually, Profile is Morimoto’s line of LED products. So, think of it like this; Morimoto is branded on their HID stuff and Profile is branded on their LED stuff. Profile is 100% owned by Morimoto.

Also

Morimoto = The Retrofit Source (same company)
Morimoto = Profile Prism/Performance (same company)
Morimoto = The Retrofit Source = LEDConcepts. All 3 are the same company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357