Thoughts on this Kit? For Easier Oil Changes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Did quite abit of research on this kit along with chat with a few owners who have already installed the kit. Nothing Negative has been said or found as of today...

The Reason?-->Very Easy No Mess Oil Changes!
With the Fumoto Drain Valve installed I have no need for a wrench so with this kit--> my oil changes will be almost Mess Free and Quick!

The Kit I received has braided oil Lines... I have not installed the kit yet... Waiting for Spring-->I'm still showing 48% on the OLM so I figure I can easily make it to spring...

I don't think I will mount the filter towards the front of the truck like the one shown in the picture... I will mount mine on the passenger side just behind the original engine oil filter mount--->Mounted to the inside of the Frame! Figure the shorter the hoses the better...

The only thing that concerns me is Oil PSI! Thus the reason for me wanting to shorten the hoses as short as I can... and still have a very easy oil filter change... with oil only touching the oil bucket.

Here are pictures of the kit installed on an owners 2014 Ram!

2014 1500 5.7L Oil filter relocation - Hemi Truck Club

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Boats use remote oil filters on high performance engines all the time. I see no problem doing it on these trucks at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SyN

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks awesome! Where do you find this kit?

raff18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019c
Engine
hemi 5.7
i had this on my last car and its really kool
no tool oil change!
BUT . . . . your oil change takes ALOT longer its slow to drain
10 mins easy

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I run a remote filter on my street/strip car and don't have any issues. It's not a bad thing as long as the oil lines aren't too small And can handle the pressure. Also limiting bends the oil must make helps.

I don't see a link for the drain valve tho.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find just using a 1 gallon zip lock bag to take the filter off only takes a few seconds and doesn't let any oil spill.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I loved my remote oil filter on my csrt4 easy to get to no mess and could fill the oil filters before I put them back on. My wife's altima is mounted sideways and is always a pain. I cant pre fill it and it always makes a mess.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having worked as a mechanic for several years, I find the oil changes on the Hemi to be simple enough.
Once you've had to lift transverse engines, remove exhausts or drop oil pans to change a filter, you're just happy to have a filter you can see and reach with both hands.

Change a fuel filter on a Honda, with their banjo fittings and tucked away on the firewall where only a 5 year-old can reach, and you'll be happy to work on these trucks.

Besides that, when you add adapters and hoses, you add potential spots for leaks. If you're racing and under the hood every time you drive it, that's fine.
I just don't find it necessary on a daily driver.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thanks for the replies! The hoses are rated for 300 psi. The mounting spot will make each hose around 2ft each. The main reason for instal is because I would like easier access to the filter. Yes the kit come from Amazon! I did upgrade the hoses to braided. Our last 2006 Expedition had a remote oil filter kit installed just in front of the front drivers side tire & oil changes were mess free. When we sold it to my brother in law the kit had close to 136k miles on it with not one leak or issue. He still has the Expedition and close to 200k miles on her and loves the easy oil changes (the Fumoto Valve is the added Plus)!

John I agree 100% -->The average owner should not even bother with this install. Just might not end with positive results.

Proper and well thought out install is key!!

I'm getting closer to retirement and any thing I can do to make maintenance on my autos easier ---> I will defiantly look into and research. The body just don't bend like it used too!

Last edited: