TIPM bad...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it seems I may have a bad TIPM, no front or rear turn signals and no hazards..everything else works. Has anyone used any of the TIPM rebuild services that are out there..

OP
OP
Larmo

Larmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is covered under the truck warranty you have a 2019 yes? go to dealer for free fix
Yes I do have a new truck, I the have 2, I kept my old 06, but purchased a new 2019, the 06 is the one with the tipm issue

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Usually, I'd recommend CircuitMedics but they appear to have stopped repairing TIPM units for the 2006 Ram. However, nothing is stopping you from asking them if they are able to. A Google search for 2006 Dodge Ram TIPM Repair should give you some results and you may even find one in your area. The final option is buying a reman or new from RockAuto or Amazon, though those are starting to get scarce, I do know that Dorman (*shudder*) makes them and many of the online parts retailers do carry them.

OP
OP
Larmo

Larmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Usually, I'd recommend CircuitMedics but they appear to have stopped repairing TIPM units for the 2006 Ram. However, nothing is stopping you from asking them if they are able to. A Google search for 2006 Dodge Ram TIPM Repair should give you some results and you may even find one in your area. The final option is buying a reman or new from RockAuto or Amazon, though those are starting to get scarce, I do know that Dorman (*shudder*) makes them and many of the online parts retailers do carry them.
Thx, I just sent mine to tipmrebuilders..they seemed to have very good reviews, and fair prices. I'm not sure I'm hoping there's and issue or not..if is at least I have a piece of mine, if they don't find something wrong I'll have to start tracing wires, and IV already spent 2 hrs doing that and found nothing...I'm just curious as to how comon this is

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx, I just sent mine to tipmrebuilders..they seemed to have very good reviews, and fair prices. I'm not sure I'm hoping there's and issue or not..if is at least I have a piece of mine, if they don't find something wrong I'll have to start tracing wires, and IV already spent 2 hrs doing that and found nothing...I'm just curious as to how comon this is
It's not uncommon as near as I can tell, though I believe if you happen to live where they salt the roads (aka the Rust Belt) it is more common than in other places.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk