TIPM module for 2008 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trooper1954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been having problems with brake lights staying on after ignition has been shut off, and they also stay on while vehicle is being driven...so no actual change in lights when brake is applied. I've changed the brake switch to no avail, and a dodge mmechanic friend told me today that it's probably the TIPM module that needs replacing. My question is, with only the one issue (No brake lights on application) can I just continue to live with this problem or will it affect the truck down the road? The dealer wants $1000 Can. for the part and $250 for the install. Any advice appreciated.

Tina55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK so here is my question please respond if you think you can help Thanks. So 1st my 4x4 went out. The transfer case and actuator both work. So somewhere in there something is not communicating right because both are working fine. My headlight went out a week ago but high beam still worked. Replaced the bulb and guess what NO LOW BEAM! Also kinda sounds like tranny is lightly slipping as it shifts to 2nd (this is automatic trans) not all the time but sometimes. And sometimes when going into drive the truck with jump into the gear not all the time just sometimes. My truck only has 93,600 miles on it.. I was told by another mechanic that it could be the TIPM is this true? any other ideas? If it is thought the TIPM was going I also seen wher eif I take the cables off the battery and zip tie them touching over night it would reset it? any one else do this before. I dont want to pay 1300 for this truck to do this KNOWN ISSUE! thanks