Tipnitty's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome! Nice truck and amazing WS6. I am a Blue Oval guy, so my contract prohibits me from making too many compliments on F-Bodies, but I've always liked those. Good find on an M-6 model even.

I used to have a buddy who was die hard Chevy and I was in the Ford camp. We kept the rivalry going alive and well. He would always take me in his new (at the time) '02 Camaro SS 6M. I had a '01 Cobra at the time. we would drag and open track the cars and "leap frog" with mods. We ran pretty close, with his full exhaust, and a tune. I had exhaust and 4:30 gears.

I finally stepped up to an '03 Mustang Cobra and put an end to that little battle. Especially after I stepped up, ported the blower and all the supporting mods to the tune of 500ft/500hp to the wheels. He won't come around any more.

Lol.

Now I play with the 5th Gen Camaros that are 'charged and Vettes.

It's all good.

Glad to have you here! I know what you are saying about spacers... I just went through that game to get 15" Weld Telstars on all four corners over the big Cobra brakes.

Post more about both when you can, and include more pics! We love em!

Attachments

• 1024131036.jpg
    1024131036.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Nice truck and amazing WS6. I am a Blue Oval guy, so my contract prohibits me from making too many compliments on F-Bodies, but I've always liked those. Good find on an M-6 model even.

I used to have a buddy who was die hard Chevy and I was in the Ford camp. We kept the rivalry going alive and well. He would always take me in his new (at the time) '02 Camaro SS 6M. I had a '01 Cobra at the time. we would drag and open track the cars and "leap frog" with mods. We ran pretty close, with his full exhaust, and a tune. I had exhaust and 4:30 gears.

I finally stepped up to an '03 Mustang Cobra and put an end to that little battle. Especially after I stepped up, ported the blower and all the supporting mods to the tune of 500ft/500hp to the wheels. He won't come around any more.

Lol.

Now I play with the 5th Gen Camaros that are 'charged and Vettes.

It's all good.

Glad to have you here! I know what you are saying about spacers... I just went through that game to get 15" Weld Telstars on all four corners over the big Cobra brakes.

Post more about both when you can, and include more pics! We love em!

Thanks for the compliment man. I've always been a GM, but just loved cars as a whole. I LOVE the terminator cobras and would love to own one. But this popped up first. Was a freaking challenge to find one that was a clean M6 car. She is mostly stock for now. Wanted to build the car from bottom, up. And from back to front. So when she makes bigger power, she can handle it. I only want to hit 500 to the wheels all motor. But I haven't decided on the way to accomplish that just yet. I would kill for a roots style supercharger, that whine is just intoxicating! Beautiful cobra you have there man, would leave me behind in a hurry! :favorites13:

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing new on the truck. Still undecided on what bed cover I want to put on the truck. Will be buying the slush mats in the next few weeks as well. But I'm going to ***** out my TA a bit more.

Put the spacers on.

Rear before, went from 1.25":
niHmm1m.png

Front before, went from universal .375":
sgaC16Q.png

Gap before, barely a finger:
lPxUYAS.png

Rear after, 1.5":
Bi9RVIA.png

Front after, 1.25":
1xgVZPF.png

Gap after, whole hand:
1KBDRAI.png

Now I REALLY need the 4x4 delete.

wY64h8M.png

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks! Yeah, I'm right at 500hp/500tq to the wheels with this set up, which is pretty conservative. I was doing a lot of "open track" running with the car, where I really needed to keep the boost low to prevent heat soak running wide open for long periods. Unlike the "Drag" guys, who just need that one shot, and can cool off in between runs. I am often tempted to throw a lower 4lbs or more pulley on it, to sample 600 Hp, but that would mean more fuel, better octane and everything else... you know how it goes.

But, I can't get it to hook on the street as it is. Blowing off the tires in third gear is fun, but slow. I actually had to pull my 4.10's and go back to stock 3.55's just to hook up. Living in CA. I couldn't drive to work, without someone wanting to "go from a roll" on the freeway. But even then, I have to be on premium rubber, or it is just a stunt show. I usually run 17" Drag Radials, but got a deal on these 15" Welds and I love the look, so I jumped on them for daily driving. They are skinny (275's out back) while I normally run 315's Nitto's on front and 335 Hoosier DR's out back. But, that is a crazy look, and it just barely fits in there.

The Supercharger Whine is totally addicting. But, a nice N/A car is sweet as well. I had to go with the Terminator after years of owning several Fox bodies, from '91 Notch's to '01 Cobras. Got tired of being punked by GM guys and had to step up and finally put an end to it! :D First the Damn LT1 guys then anyone with a head / cam kit would whoop up on me.
No more. :Nonono: But, ****. Ten years ago 500rwhp on an street driven 11 second car was absolutely insane. Now, they seem to be everywhere... for the money.

I really am paranoid about running spacers. But, I had to, to fit these front 15's over my Cobra brakes. And, mine aren't as nice as your set up.

Your set up looks sweet. ...and this, coming from a Ford guy, so you know it must be legit. :****:

Last edited:
OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My buddy greg has a terminator and it's just sick. One day I'll to something with boost, not sure just yet what it will be. People around here only have v6 camaros or mustangs. Not many v8 cars running around here so I get people taking pictures of my car at stop lights or down shifting their hondas and try get me to race. I couldn't care less about racing them at all.

I am still tossing around ideas for the engine, but I find myself happy with the car as it sits. Fix the paint and all the little things that bug me about the car. And just keep it like it is for the most part. Use that cash for the engine build and keep in the savings account and wait for my dream car to pop up. Which is as MKIV supra. Time will tell on that one!

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2003 Mustang Cobra "Terminator"

If you like the whine, check out a couple of my vids;

This is on my original motor at 430 Rwhp.
Mustang Cobra Drag Race at Famoso Raceway - YouTube

Smoked the stock pistons doing back to back top end runs on El Mirage Dry Lake in the heat of the summer. Having the car Crab Walk around spinning up the rear tires at 160 was fun, but it went lean and did some blow torch action on a couple cylinders due to high intake temps and a voltage drop.
D'oh! :Hump: Oh well, ported the blower, put in better pistons, bearings, degree'd the cams, ported and matched the whole intake tract, added a windage tray, and a few other goodies. So, it could make more power, but I am good and reliable as it sits. Perfect for an "all around" commute, drag, road race, auto-x and everything in between do it all machine. It's an awesome ride.

Here is a typical "Sunday Drive" out with the local SoCal boys in the high desert. We only exceeded the speed limit a couple times. :D

Shot from my buddy Tetge's White Cobra. Mine is the Dark Shadow Grey.
Data Logging some Mustang Cobras - YouTube

Anywhoo, check my Youtube page at "Brakelateatmsn" or my search my buddy's page under Tetge, if you want. Plenty of Open Track, Drag and Dyno Pulls on there as I progressed with the car, as well as some of my Supermoto racing, canyon rides and stuff.

Hope you don't mind if I share some pics. These were taken with the 275/40-17 Nitto DR's and 315/35-17 Nitto Drag Radial set. I used to daily drive, drag race, and do Open Track Instruction up at Willow Springs Raceway with this set up. Stock brakes (with ducts), stock suspension (full length subframe connectors) and stock 75k mile rear end, LSD and all. Runs low 1:30's on the "Big" road race track, mid 11's in the quarter and still gets 20 mpg on my previous daily commute out in LA. Amazing.

There are times I thought I would sell it off, like when we moved out here to AZ / UT, as there is no real "car" scene out here. But, to replace it with anything similar to it's performance, it would cost me close to $90k !
And I probably only have $35k total in mine, new motor and all!

Nope. Think I'll keep both it, and the Power Wagon till I croak. :D

Attachments

• CobraB.jpg
    CobraB.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 48
  • CobraG.jpg
    CobraG.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 62
  • CobraC.jpg
    CobraC.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
  • CobraH.jpg
    CobraH.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 73
  • CobraF.jpg
    CobraF.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had these sitting around so I decided to buy a pod for them and install them in the TA.

dJUbbta.png
vhabxhw.png

Also debadged the truck. My 18v drill died when my basement flooded last year so I only had the 12v one. That was a pain in the ass to do. Definitely need a new 18 or 20v cordless drill haha.
Z9mDmhe.png

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found a set of SRT-10 22" replica wheels with a set of Nitto 420 tires that has about 85-90% tread left on them. The guy is looking to trade for stock 20" wheels and tires. Wheels appear to be in good shape. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As soon as I parked, the sun came out in force. So obviously, the pictures don't do it justice.

FH6HM6u.png
gaeaSgV.png
2fXWWvU.png
IWLgLdi.png

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well had some deliveries for my toys in the past few days. Bought everything I will need for a full paint correction on my TA. I'll be putting a good wax on truck as well. But until everything is delivered, I cleaned the truck up in the mean time.

kgtVuFa.png

And of course, decided it would rain the same day. No worries though, she fits.
tZmXccl.png

Very rare part came in for my TA, thought I'd share.
fmtqo8n.png

Also decided to make my bird a little bit more fun.
ouqRnZr.png

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, I had a 97 WS6, hated that opticrap. Have owned a few f-bodies in my day.

Heard about the optispark nonsense, but haven't messed with thankfully.

Cool. What ratio did you go with?

Went with 4.10 with a full rear end rebuild kit. Heard it was the best $250 you can spend for an LSx 6speed car. Will make the car a whole hell of a lot more fun than the stock 3.42s.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spent about 4 hours cleaning my truck today. When I was almost finished, my neighbor pulls up in his new 14' cummins. That *******! At least my white truck will stay clean inside. His black truck will forever remain outside lol. Turns out, he's about to move out and buy a camper. He plans on living out of the camper and pull it with that beast.

5GiwhUF.png

But as for a small update, I have some plans for the truck. Such as,

>Removing all of the chrome on the outside
>White housing for the headlights
>13 or 14 sport wheels
>vararam

But it'll be a slow go as I'm looking for houses. But I'll update when I have legitimate updates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First actual mod for the truck! Wanted a Vararam intake as soon as I saw them.
sdjgUZq.png

I'm on my lunch break, so I decided to paint the extra lid (came with 2. One light blue, the other is dark blue) and the breather valve.

KllC80B.png
68oJLJ5.png

I'll get the last coats of paint on before I go back to work and get it installed after work this afternoon. I might try my hand with some 3M Di-Noc and wrap the other lid.