Tipnitty's build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Congrats on the new truck. Looks great! I went with the Quad Cab as well because I like the 6.4ft bed.

I wish I could have gotten the crew cab with the coolers in the floors, but this one fits in the garage. But only by about 10 inches lol

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
It's the canbus electrical system.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that just sucks ass. I'll have to think about it.

Do you guys have recommendations on a good bed cover for the truck?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice lookin' truck. I love that center console setup. Need to see how hard it would be to install on my 2010. Have any plans for mods yet? :welcome:

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice lookin' truck. I love that center console setup. Need to see how hard it would be to install on my 2010. Have any plans for mods yet? :welcome:

The center console was a big selling point to me. I love it!

As far as mods go, I know I want a bed cover, HIDs and darker tint. Other than that, I would love a vararam intake and a leveling kit. I would be happy with the truck just like that.

If I decided to heavily mod it, would love to lower it and give it an srt10 look.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was made very evident to me last night that I need better lighting while I back up. I don't have the back up camera but might add it later down the road. For now I want to swap the bulbs for ones with better output. Which I've seen in the past was LED reverse bulbs. Definitely going to try to find some asap. I can't see a damn thing while backing out of my driveway. lol

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Who needs to see when backing up? Don't cheap on these, the low cost ones suck. Think JJ has them, or someone on here does. I need to order me some soon as well. I tried some cheap ones, cause I can use them as plate lights if they sucked. Well, they suck and have less output than the OEM lights. So in the license plate slot they will go.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would much rather do it right once, than have to do it again. I wasn't sure where to start on looking. I've been seeing what people have doing for other cars like putting HID's in the reverse lights even.

I'll get a hold of JJ, see if he can put me a package together with HIDs as well as some sort of reverse set up.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
He has a side-emitting LED that's supposed to be great as backup lights. Though I have heard of people running HID's for reverse lights. Don't know if I'd want to blind people while parallel parking though, lol.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He has a side-emitting LED that's supposed to be great as backup lights. Though I have heard of people running HID's for reverse lights. Don't know if I'd want to blind people while parallel parking though, lol.

I want bright lights, but I think HID's might be a bit extreme as far as reverse lights lol.

I'll shoot him an email and spend some of that tax return on the truck.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm stuck on backup lights cause I can't figure out what I want for tail lights, lol. The stock housing, the bulb goes upward when inserted, so you need the side-emitting. I've seen a couple housing where the bulb runs straight back though and would need another type. Decisions, decisions...

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm stuck on backup lights cause I can't figure out what I want for tail lights, lol. The stock housing, the bulb goes upward when inserted, so you need the side-emitting. I've seen a couple housing where the bulb runs straight back though and would need another type. Decisions, decisions...

I'll be honest, I haven't even taken a good look at the set up lol. I just know that I have no street lights and I can't a thing!

I'm content with the look of my tail lights themselves.....for now.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HIDs for backup lights would be troublesome as you have to wait for peak brightness.
JJ offers CREE LED backuplights that have been clocked specifically for the Gen IV taillight housings. I am running them on my '13 and I am very much impressed with how much brighter they are.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HIDs for backup lights would be troublesome as you have to wait for peak brightness.
JJ offers CREE LED backuplights that have been clocked specifically for the Gen IV taillight housings. I am running them on my '13 and I am very much impressed with how much brighter they are.

Awesome man thanks for input. I'll pick them up for sure.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see all this talk about installing a catch can on the hemi. Is this something that I should do?

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just read about catch cans on a few other forums here but can't find any definitive answers. I have that same question.

As for the bed cover, I have a Bakflip VP and love it. Very versatile and useful and it looks sharp too. And I love the fact that it locks secure with the tailgate.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to show off todays work. Wilwood 6 piston superlite kit with C6 wheels.

8ovMMov.png
bCqesAU.png
QsWun1U.png
a3xoTiF.png

Have to order new spacers for the front. The wheels did not clear the brakes. So I bought a universal 5/16" adapter and it cleared. Don't worry, car won't be getting any miles on it until the proper spacers are on. I'll be doing some research on the proper way to do it, so all advice welcome on properly spacing the wheels. The brakes need to be bled again. But there she is.

Also started taking the trim off yesterday, but my 3M wheels showed up today. So next time you see the car and I can take some decent pictures, It won't have the side trim. Next step for the car is to have the paint corrected followed by lowering the car and having the right exhaust sag issue addressed.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I really like that body kit. Those motors were beasts. I've driven a couple and they snap your head back quick. Nice ride. :waytogo:

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took me long enough to find the right project and it's been a roller coaster ride for this car in the 13 months I've had it. But now that I have a full time job, I can actually work on the car. Debating if I should start gathering parts so I can detail the car myself, or just pay someone. Tough call! But thanks for the compliment!