Tire balancing issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Almaramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I have had my local tire shop balance my new KO2's twice now, with no avail. I am getting a pretty decent vibe at 60 and over. The second time it was balanced, he said he had to add a couple of ounces of weight. Has anyone had any experience with the Road Force balancers? This shop does not use one. I figure I will give them one more shot at it and then I may have to go elsewhere.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always have mine road force balanced. You could have bad set of tires too.

OP
OP
Almaramguy

Almaramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always have mine road force balanced. You could have bad set of tires too.

If I am not mistaken, the Road Force machine will be able to tell me if the tire is bad??

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is it possible tire is out of round and tire shop too dumb to realize.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Google hunter road force balance and there website lets you put in your zip and it’ll locate nearby shops that have there machines

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I am not mistaken, the Road Force machine will be able to tell me if the tire is bad??

When I bought a Titan in 2012 I had vibrations with the factory wheels/tires. A local dealer tried Road Force balancing them and determined 3 tires were out of round. They replaced them and I never had any problems after that.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 35-12.50-20 KO2s have been Hunter road force balanced twice along with the original balance at Mavis tire. I had a slight vibe before the new tires were installed and since it has turned into an annoying vibe that you can also see the center armrest/compartment shake at 60mph and higher. Road force says they are perfect . Maybe its the increase in weight or rolling resistance making something else more prominent . Seems like it might be like harmonics . I feel like I am chasing my tail as nothing I have tried has effected it in the least. Might be time for locking hubs but $1600.00 is hard to swallow not knowing if it will cure the vibes.