tire dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrricky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys. I got a wheel/tire dilemma I would like some opinions and feedback on please
I bought a 2013 ram sport a while back. It came with new 35x12.50x20 nitto trail grappler on fuel mayhem wheels
I am thinking about trading them for a set of stock sport 20s as I tow a 32' 8000 lb travel trailer every weekend and travel 60Kms each way to work on the highway everyday
They are so heavy they make the truck very sluggish and hard to tow. And is loud and rough on daily commute
Will the stock wheels and tires be more suitable for what the truck is used for??
Do you think a even trade is a good deal?
I love the look of my 35s they way they look so am I nuts for wanting to go factory ?
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn that's a load for a 1500 to pull at that frequency. Anyway you'll definitely pick up some power going back to stock wheels and tires. Only issue I foresee is the factory tires with that load. You may be better off just buying a new set of tires for your rims and selling the trail grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I second that ^^

The stock 20" Goodyears are probably the lightest 275/60/20 (33") tire you can get, which is good for fuel economy, but their traction isn't that great. Your Trail Grapplers are really a true compromise between light off-road use, and normal on-road use.

My suggestion is try out the Terra Grappler. That tire is meant for mostly on-road use and occasional light off-road. Or if you don't need/want much of any off-road capability, check out the Dura Grappler - I personally know 5-6 guys that use either of those tires on their trucks, and love them. When my GY's are torched, my plan is to grab a set of Terra Grapplers. *if you like nitto, otherwise ignore me, lol

Last edited: