Tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsunamilogan05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's what I use and there is no slinging either and last for months! It's like spray painting your tires almost lol. Bought it at advance for $5 after mail in rebate.

uploadfromtaptalk1395253115437.jpg

I believe Mcguire or turtle wax make another variation as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

SgtK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have always liked the Mequires purple gel. It lasts and I don't see sling unless I over apply and don't wipe it properly. and the bonus is that it smells amazing!

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have heard Adams VRT is one of the best products on the market. Have never used it myself though. It apply completely dry, no sling, and looks glossy. I will eventually get around to buying some once I use up all of my Cover-All tire shine lol. Also, one tip to help cut down on tire shine sling is to apply your tire spray with a foam pad.. Apply it to a clean, degreased tire ofcoarse.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, one tip to help cut down on tire shine sling is to apply your tire spray with a foam pad.. Apply it to a clean, degreased tire ofcoarse.

Very true.
Tire should be cleaned, dried completely and then applied.
I have heard good things about Adam's products as well. I'm a Zaino "fanboy", but Adam's would be my second choice.

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM SPORT REG CAB 4X4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Awesome thread, guys! Thanks for the info! :)

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have heard Adams VRT is one of the best products on the market. Have never used it myself though. It apply completely dry, no sling, and looks glossy. I will eventually get around to buying some once I use up all of my Cover-All tire shine lol. Also, one tip to help cut down on tire shine sling is to apply your tire spray with a foam pad.. Apply it to a clean, degreased tire ofcoarse.

Agree with the foam pad. I buy these by the dozens:
VRT Super Block Tire Dressing Applicator | Tire Dressing

No, I don't use the entire block of foam. I take a razor and slice off about a 2" piece. That is good enough for four tires.

For $1.95 a square you won't find anything cheaper and get as many pieces cut off of it.

If by using the VRT and you get to much gloss, just take a towel from your wife's bathroom set and wipe off the excess. As I said on here a long time ago, I promise you that VRT will not sling a single drop if applied correctly.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm also an Adams user, and I agree with everything they've said about the VRT. It's not a greasy product, but it gives that shine you're looking for. It's also used to treat the rubber trim and vinyl parts of your truck to give it that new look, and protect it from the sun. All of their products smell incredible and make washing your truck a pleasant experience. Check them out and watch their videos. I've probably spent more than $300 on their products, but that will last me a long time. Also, as a RF member you get a 10% discount on all purchases. Plus free shipping if you spend over $100...which isn't hard to do haha. Well worth every penny.

Pitniko25

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
What's the code to get 10% off on Adams website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
Went to get Adam's, but autozone doesn't carry it. Settled for armor all tire glaze. Impressed so far, just need to see how long it last.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Went to get Adam's, but autozone doesn't carry it. Settled for armor all tire glaze. Impressed so far, just need to see how long it last.

Adams products are all sold online. No local auto shops will carry them. Adams are professional grade products, which can actually improve and protect the surface you put them on. Armor all tire glaze or any tire shine from a local store will not be water based, so you can actually dry out your tires faster, and can lead to pre mature wear on the sidewalls. Most autozone products are like that... For example, waxes from autozone look wonderful after applied, but after 1 wash all of those scratches and dullness come back. Why is that? They are full of fillers.

And don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with non water based tire shine. Like I said earlier^^^ I use cover all tire shine cause I like the way it looks. But once a month, I completely strip my tires of all shine with a good degreaser, for example: purple power, diluted about 10-1. After my tires are completely stripped, then I re-apply. Helps keep tires looking new. Having tire shine left on for months at a time will start to fade and look horrible. And is less effective each time applied.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Some local shops will carry Adams, but not many. You can search on Adams website for businesses that sells Adams.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7

There may be some places that sell Adam's products but I've never seen any. I always order direct either by phone or use their web site.

Also you may find an Adam's dealership but I think Nick on here would know more about that than I do.

As I said, I place my orders, Adam's ship's them out as fast as possible so there is very little waiting time.

I'll never knock any other products but can honestly say that Adam's VRT is the longest lasting tire product I've ever used.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I used to use tire shine but after a while I thought to myself...self that is a lot of tire to be using all that tire shine on. So I says to myself ehhhh it's a truck, fuggetabouut the tire shine lol

LOL - to much, just way to much.

I remember Adam, on his homepage stated that detailing is a form of therapy.

Yep, sitting on a little four wheel stool. Wash bucket full of suds beside you, nice tire scrub brush, sun beating down and it's 95 degrees, sweat in your eyes and ya can't keep a beer cold enough to drink it.

Tires done, into the garage for wheel cleaning products, temp is now up to 101 degrees, ya moved the fridge outside so you're closer to the beer. Wax on, wax off ~ super clean tires and wheels that make ya smile.

And then along comes the neighbors BIG dog and takes a pee all over a tire and wheel. Yep, it don't get any better than that!!

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why are we talking about tire shine on a Truck forum? lol

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pep Boys carries one called Something garage Tire Black...Love that stuff...Lasts awhile and doesn't spray and splash all over after being applied...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
This is what I use.

Good ol armor all...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 58

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use black magic tire wet. It's like 6 or 7 dollars and an aerosol/ spray on can. Dries pretty quickly and doesn't sling. Takes me 15- 20 seconds a tire.