Tires Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffaguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aloha,

I've got a stock '08 quad cab 4x4. The original tires are done and its time to upgrade a little. I'm looking at P265/75 R20s in the following makes

Goodyear Duratracs
MT Baja ATZ
**** Cepek Fun Country
Nitto Terra Grappler

I'm in Hawaii and don't get into the mud too often. I do more driving on sand and rocks...and of course the highway. There is a fair amount of rain (I'm on the windward side if you know the islands) and even more potholes.

Any recommendations to pick one tire over another.
-The **** Cepek Fun Countrys are new in 2013, replaced the FC II, so I can't find much on them. The company is proud of them of course.
-Heard lots of good stuff about the ATZ but they are supposed to cost more. I found some for about the same price as the other tires. Am I missing something?
-I'm leaning to the Duratracs, heard good things and its easier to find a Goodyear dealer out here.

Lastly, I think I can run these (p275/65r20) on my stock Ram but am prepared to put on a leveling kit if need be. Any thoughts? Lots of kits out there, hard to sort through all the info....

Any help is appreciated,
Jeff

Adept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I bought some kumho all terrains, 315/70r17. They are great looking tires and have had 0 problems thus far. In fact i have some kumhos on my mustang as well, and no problems there either. Good tread wear

outlaw52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
+1 on the duratracs i have about 8500 miles on mine cant say one bad thing about them. They perform great in all weather.

BeastieBoys21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no personal experience with any of the tires you are looking at but 2 of my buddies are running the duratracs and absolutely love them....if they weren't so much, they be my next tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Another +1 on Terra Grappler. One of the best all around tires out there.