TPMS to new rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
is there any inherent problems transfering my tpms sensors from my stock rims to new rims?
talk about a pain in the ASS.

every place i call, i ask a simple question. "can you swap my stock tires over to a new set of rims? how much? and can you transfer my tpms sensors over to new rims too?" then nothing...

just trying to get the tires remounted on the new rims without having to buy 4 new tpms from the dealer...

any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just made that call today myself, they said as long as the stem will line up they can, the tps bolts in . unless its a different angle it should work just fine, and i trust these guys to work on my truck, which does say alot.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bought mine with my new rims they installed them before they shipped them not 1 prob with them truck picked them right up

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I just made that call today myself, they said as long as the stem will line up they can, the tps bolts in . unless its a different angle it should work just fine, and i trust these guys to work on my truck, which does say alot.
^^^^
this, it all depends on how they mount

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Cant wait to get mine back, this message on my EVIC is driving me crazy.
does it ding every time you start of just show a message on the evic?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
bought mine with new TPMS, but heard you can swap them right over....just have to dismount stock, pull it, and remount which adds cost.

Code106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you can buy them from summit racing for about $25 each, or if you want even cheaper you can get them from ebay for about $70-$80 for a set. (I haven't bought them from there but i was looking at them.) would save the trouble of removing them, plus you could always sell your other set with the TPMS on them. would make it more attractable to a potential buyer if they were already on.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
when i had my tacoma and bought new rims there was a debate on if you could go from a steel wheen to an alloy . everyone either said no caus ethe angle was different of yes but you need to flip them over 180 degrees. disount tire assured me they would fit the rims i was buying even if from a steel wheel and they did. even tire racks website said they might not fit all wheels. im with the member who said it would probably depend on the mounting. on a side note about what another member said they do charge a rebuilding fee. the fee about a yr ago for my four sensors was 30 bucks.

Btreat33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just bought a set of four from Ebay 77 and some change shipped to my door and the shop I had mount my tires programmed them... They work great thus far... Never tripped one light

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have swapped tpms on my moms car to aftermarket rims. I recommend if you have the metal ones that you pay for the rebuild kit for each they are $5 for each wheel at Oreillys well worth it as I did not do this right away and had tons of problems with leaking on 2 of them.

$miley

OP
OP
jojo750

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
will find out this morning.
everything online that ive read says the tpms will fit the srt10 rim with no problems.
i dont think i have the metal ones, as the valve stem looks like the regular rubber ones.

will post back later with some results.
thanks for all the input.

OP
OP
jojo750

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
smooth transition from old rims to new rims.
have some minor ding to fix on new rims... couldve happened in transit. but will need to be addressed.
but for now, everything is good to go.

AGZ951

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm nor familiar with the Ram's TPMS system. My wifes CR-v required me to take it to the dealer for reprogramming each time I chance from my summer to my winter set of rims and tires. I knwo some manufacturrers have an auto-sense feature that automatically picks up the new TPMS sensors. What is required for vehicle programming on our trucks?

AGZ951
2012 1500 Laramie

10Laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
New to the forum, just found this topic and I need some help:

I'm getting ready to swap my stock Laramie wheels for 20" SRT10 Replicas and am also wondering about TPMS. So, my questions are:

1) Will the sensors swap over?
2) If so, will they need to be re-programmed at all?
3) Do they need rebuild kits? My stems are rubber.

Thanks in advance, I am exhausted from searching the web for answers.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
New to the forum, just found this topic and I need some help:

I'm getting ready to swap my stock Laramie wheels for 20" SRT10 Replicas and am also wondering about TPMS. So, my questions are:

1) Will the sensors swap over?
2) If so, will they need to be re-programmed at all?
3) Do they need rebuild kits? My stems are rubber.

Thanks in advance, I am exhausted from searching the web for answers.

1)Yes rubber stems work on every rim I have seen
2)only reprogrammed if you move position. Assuming yours keep track of each tire individually which I believe all that have runner stems do.
3)I have been told by my tire shop this style is great and does not need rebuild kit only the crap metal ones like have do.
In the event you do move the tire positions the shop should have machine there to move them to new positions.

$miley