TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brudster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry id this subject has been beat to death . . . but here goes. Recently I upgraded my 2011 Ram 1500 from 17" to 20" wheels and tires. I realized the TPS's would go (unless I was wanting to spend 4 - 5 hundred dollars to replace them all) which I had no problem with. Never liked that stupid light and all the hassle that goes with it. Tires and wheels are great and now I'm trying to fight this dash light. I bough a bypass thingy and of course it did zippo. The company that makes it (Ireland) said, there was no reason for it not working. I said, oh well . . . and moved on to the light itself. I found out the 10 amp fuse (M29) could be pulled without issue, and yanked it. Oh well, again nothing. Can someone help out an old gearhead with some suggestions on how to turn off this stupid light. (disable it). Please and thanks in advance to all.

Brud

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sorry id this subject has been beat to death . . . but here goes. Recently I upgraded my 2011 Ram 1500 from 17" to 20" wheels and tires. I realized the TPS's would go (unless I was wanting to spend 4 - 5 hundred dollars to replace them all) which I had no problem with. Never liked that stupid light and all the hassle that goes with it. Tires and wheels are great and now I'm trying to fight this dash light. I bough a bypass thingy and of course it did zippo. The company that makes it (Ireland) said, there was no reason for it not working. I said, oh well . . . and moved on to the light itself. I found out the 10 amp fuse (M29) could be pulled without issue, and yanked it. Oh well, again nothing. Can someone help out an old gearhead with some suggestions on how to turn off this stupid light. (disable it). Please and thanks in advance to all.

Brud
Read through the AlphaOBD thread,you can use it to delete the tire sensors,but you won't be able to use the dash to monitor the tire pressures if you do

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
This subject has been beat to death and there are a dozen threads I have responded to on the exact question in the last 2 months. Latest one, but there are a ton more.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you already have AlphaOBD program you are good to go. Yours is a 2011 so no need for security bypass cable. Go into BCM for your year. Scroll down till you find the TPMS settings. I changed them in there. With my 2021 I did not need the 4 digit pin for the settings to stick. Not sure about your 2011. There are a bunch of threads on here about the different years and setting the TPMs limits. Hope this helps

TPMS delete?

The tazer can completely dissable it too. Or, with a dealer visit it can adjust the thresholds.

icon_192.png www.ramforum.com

AlfaOBD

I copied and pasted config in to notepad and saved it that way. Couldn't find a way to upload it like in the app.

icon_192.png www.ramforum.com