Transmission swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdtme246

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys! I am new to the forum and I own a 1992 dodge W150! It is an automatic with the 318. I was wondering if anyone else has manual swapped one like it and how hard it would be and everything i would need to get for it. My truck is a single cab long bed. I have already swapped the transmission once with another automatic due to a trans line bursting and spilling all the fluid. I really dont wanna get the OG automatic rebuilt and put back in unless the manual swap is more expensive.. Im not really sure what I am doing with an auto to manual swap especially in my truck. Guidance would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Manual stuff is getting harder to find. I suggest a whole parts truck and swap pieces till it's done.

I got a whole 4spd parts truck to convert one of mine. Haven't done it yet.... but I did such a swap on a 84 Suburban 15 years ago and it worked out fine.