Truck is finally mine!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My special order finally came in last week. 2015 Laramie Crew with 6' Bed. The "Bench" seat is great as it has storage above and below the center section. The bucket seats are same as console option at $500 less. I spent the weekend getting familiar with it and doing the paint protection film on the hood/fenders and some strips off a roll on the front bumper and the rocker panels/door sills. Not easy or fun but saved cash DIY.

I negotiated about $6k off the sales price using a similar truck out of town and had $2500 in rebates available at time of order. At the last minute I found a $2k incentive for current owners of Dodge trucks including Dakotas and asked my salesman to check it out. He somehow managed to get me $5k in incentives. I was blown away. Ron Carter in Alvin, TX. No pushy warranty or upgrade crap at signing either, very surprised. I stole this truck with a 0% loan at $35,700 + TT&L.

Love the truck! It rides amazing and has a ton of power. I had been driving a 2007 Maxima so not slow by any means but lacking torque and rode a bit rough. I don't find any excessive body roll or floating feeling over dips, it is like driving a big heavy car. The longer wheelbase takes some getting used to but thank God for F/R parking sensors and backup camera.

Ram%20Lake_zpskqb5uiqs.jpg

201eadb2-4892-4873-be99-04e9c13ce5f2_zps09kizdth.jpg

Factory bedliner came out very nice.

Bed_zps9rpy6fnu.jpg

Laramie Crew Cab 4x2 6'4" Bed
Blue Streak Pearl with two tone Silver Metallic
5.7L Hemi 8 Speed 8HP70 Transmission
Trailer Brake Controller
Anti-Spin Differential
F/R Park Sense
Rear Defroster
Spray in Bedliner
Front Tow Hooks
Remote Start System
Convenience Group
32 Gallon Fuel Tank

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sharp looking truck!

Wish I had the spray in bed liner.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Nice truck! Sounds like you got a good deal too!

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats.... I like the color combo

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks a lot. I was pretty shocked at the incentives that popped up at the last minute. I just sent my salesman a $100 gift card, lol. He kept me up to date pretty well over the 6 week build/delivery time frame as well.

Putting on some nerf bars for the kids this weekend and an Undercover Flex tonneau to keep tools/luggage secure and hopefully assist with highway mileage. Catch can soon and will do first oil change at 1000 miles to calm my nerves.

Reactions: SyN
OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nice, may she treat you well.

Yeah, let's hope so. Got the lifetime warranty separately online just in case. Trying to get front windows tinted this weekend but paranoid about them cutting the outer seals or soaking the door panel in soap spray.

NorthTexasHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nicely done. Right now I am contemplating the usefulness of center console. Just seems like wasted space and I think the bench seat would have been better for my needs.

tbridg00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome looking truck man, and also a pretty good deal way to haggle with them!

BigDaddyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for posting this. I've been getting an Express package for the front bench and never thought about custom ordering one. I've wanted a Laramie or even a Lonestar/Bighorn but took the Express. I have four children so I make a point to have a vehicle that can haul all six of us, even though my wife drives a Suburban. Next time though....

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Congrats!! She is a beauty!!! 2 Large Thumbs Up...

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thank you, I almost bought a red two tone in Austin and am glad I didn't. This has more options and I prefer the color. I think the lower silver helps break up the chrome. I wanted memory seats so no Sport and no bench with Sport either. I prefer monochrome exterior but I can live with the chrome other than the door handles. Those I may have to make all blue.

Even my friend with a Sport who told me to get the console option now wishes he had the center seat. I can teach my kids how to drive on this and still be able to reach over and hit the brake if necessary. Also can fit my parents in here with two car seats and my wife in the back.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ron Carter has great folks working there. Good choice!

I don't think I've seen a CC with the 6'4 bed. Looks cool man!

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful truck and fantastic deal. Love that color-had an F-150 in that same combo. Damn, now you've got me thinking about a bench with a console!

OP
OP
QwikKota

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Nice bro! It looks badass!!

Thanks, Joe! Your tow rig is *******, wish I had 4WD but not getting it saved me $5k in purchase price and incentives.

Ron Carter has great folks working there. Good choice!

I don't think I've seen a CC with the 6'4 bed. Looks cool man!

I had not either until I ordered one, then I saw a few driving around. Nyle Maxwell dealer in Austin had 4 or 5 of them in various colors but no blue. I used their pricing to get Ron Carter to match. It's definitely a lot to park and turn around but not awful.