Truck will not hold alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
So I have a 16 Ram 1500 with a 4” RC Suspension lift and 35X12.50R20LT tires. Since getting the lift I have had nothing but alignment issues (always the toe). I have taken it back to the place that did the lift and I have taken to to Dodge many times over the past few months with the same issue. I was told all looks good with the lift and suspension system. I went ahead and upgraded the inner and outer tie rod ends and upper and lower control arms hoping that would help and it has not. My truck will not go a day without getting out of alignment after being done. I’m hoping someone here has some advice or knowledge on this because I’m just lost at this point. Thank you in advance!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that bizarre. You mentioned it’s always the toe so does this happen on one side only or both? and what’s the issue with the toe, in or out?

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
It’s always toe in and typically pulls to the left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Normal it’s both sides but driver side more

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
And example after getting the truck aligned a month or so later the toe was out -40 on the passenger and -71 on the driver. Mind you I don’t take my truck off road it’s all pavement and there are few potholes where I live.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My truck pulls let too lol ... I have to get her aligned again but it "was" decent for over a year and now pulls left with the steering wheel again drooping towards the left again ... might of been a pothole I hit and didn't notice .... but honestly Rams are pretty damn hard to get perfectly aligned if the tech doesn't know what he is doing ...

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
My truck pulls let too lol ... I have to get her aligned again but it "was" decent for over a year and now pulls left with the steering wheel again drooping towards the left again ... might of been a pothole I hit and didn't notice .... but honestly Rams are pretty damn hard to get perfectly aligned if the tech doesn't know what he is doing ...

Well I have gone to both the place that put on the lift and a dodge dealer but I can’t even get the truck to hold it for a few days. That’s why I’m just so lost at this point

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Well I have gone to both the place that put on the lift and a dodge dealer but I can’t even get the truck to hold it for a few days. That’s why I’m just so lost at this point

Oh no I hear you bud ... take it to someone who does lifetime alignments ... they are a bit pricey but worth it and they know how to get these things aligned right ...

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was going to suggest to find an alignment shop and talk to them about the issue see if they can find something not setup properly or an issue with your suspension component. You have new uca and lcas and new tie rods. Toe is achieve with the tie rods. Maybe the tie rod mounts are messed up in the hub allowing the tie rod BJ to move? Maybe something as silly as something is not torqued to specs ?

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check the TIE-ROD sleeves ,it sounds as if they are stripped,or threads are somehow defective

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I just replaced the inner and outer tie rod ends and still have the same issue

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
My biggest concern is that I’m moving military bases from Kansas to NY and I will be driving that truck and I need to find out a solution. I appreciate all of you guys commenting with your advice

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not the ends ,but the sleeve they go into .the threads could be flat or smashed ,this would let the inner or outer tie rod end to slip .The sleeve is cramped over and should prevent movement,if it keeps going out of toe , this is what is meant to keep it in spec.

OP
OP
N

Noahryan24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I can have them take a look again but you would think that would have seen something off when they replaced the tie rods themselves

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Some places wont sell you lifetime warranty if you are lifted though which sucks because you have to look for a place that does and if they do they will only honor it at that specific location if they gave you a hard time about it in the beginning ... when I worked at big O tires we were one of like 3 in the area that would honor other big O tire lifetime alignments from other stores

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far firestone honors anything i bring in. Once i was refused but it was because my car was so low it wouldnt fut the ramp.

They are cool with me lowering or lifting.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Texram155

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far firestone honors anything i bring in. Once i was refused but it was because my car was so low it wouldnt fut the ramp.

They are cool with me lowering or lifting.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I have one with them and they are ***** every time i bring mine in. They always say, "I see you were just here XX months ago" so i went to a local company.