Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07rambot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 4.7V8 Non 4×4 everyone Says that a tuner is an excellent 1st Mod but with my motor will it make that Much of a difference ? Curious to Know if it will improve my mpg or anything else?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Get the intune from DiabloSport Official Website. That is the one I used until I had an engine swap. I still have one for my second Dodge and it also has the 4.7 in it still. I run the 87 octane tune and the increase in mpg is around 4 to 6 mpg (in a truck that is killer), plus it gets up and goes much better.

NGin402

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1500 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7L SOHC
Get the intune from DiabloSport Official Website. That is the one I used until I had an engine swap. I still have one for my second Dodge and it also has the 4.7 in it still. I run the 87 octane tune and the increase in mpg is around 4 to 6 mpg (in a truck that is killer), plus it gets up and goes much better.

4-6 mpg is killer! I'm gona be getting a tuner soon, ill look into this one for sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
07rambot

07rambot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the input fellas I can't wait until Christmas and tax time So I can go nuts on modding this beast

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4-6 mpg is killer! I'm gona be getting a tuner soon, ill look into this one for sure.

And my other truck is bone stock and got those numbers. Getting ready to do a bit of work on it for my daughter (she turns 16 this November) and gonna give the truck to her for her birthday. Only thing I dislike though is she wants a pink car, not a fan of pink anything, but might settle on a repaint to red for her. Gotta keep my little princess happy, and she is getting a killer ride (2008 Ram 1500 Quadcab, 4.7l automatic, bone stock for now, although the paint has faded it used to be a nice green).
Why do some colors fade more than others. Both my truck and the one I am giving to my daughter had the same amount of care done to them but the quadcab's green faded pretty bad, while my Black 07 faded very little.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4-6mpg?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to add this: some people may get more or even less gains in mpg depending upon their driving style, weather conditions, and even their trucks setup. With a tuner, throttle body spacer, good air intake, and cat back exhaust you can gain up to 20% or more mph. But everything must work together to get those gains. Someone that drives like a maniac may never see any mph gains, and yet someone that drives concervatively can see much better gains. Also your transmission ahs a large impact upon mph also. A manual transmission can get better mph than an automatic, depending upon how it is driven. What I got with my truck is not typical and should only be used as an example of what could be gotten under the best circumstances. Nottoo mention at this moment the Quad Cab is the family car and not driven hard (having 3 kids in your truck makes you slow down).

NGin402

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 1500 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7L SOHC
Yeah I'm a bit more conservative now Megamouse. There is a peanut growing in my wife so that slows you down. I'm gona have a CAI, tuner, and eventually a catback. I'm getting about 15city/21hwy now, so anything more is just gravy.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
You will do well to talk with Matt@Moe's about performance and price. He will not steer you wrong. You will often see MPG increases as you free up horsepower, however a 4-6 mpg increase using only a tuner is certainly more than I would expect. Good luck..