UConnect Compatibility Question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CunningStunt

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 4X4 Crew White/Chrome
Good afternoon!

So, I have a 14 1500 w/ 8.4 Uconnect and my other half has a 2011 1500 with the double din w/ alpine and entertainment system setup w/ backup cam. I do not have activated NAV or a backup camera on the 14.

Her radio stopped working recently, it wont turn on and can not use any features on her head unit.

My first question is, can I buy a new head unit for my 14 ram, since I wont have to install backup camera or alpine sound system, and just install my 8.4 unit in her 2011 truck?

If not, what are some recommendations for a website that I can get a compatible head unit for her 2011 w/ appropriate wiring harness? I am not looking for a 400 dollar unit either. Maybe 200-300 just to get her bluetooth and backup/sound system up and running.

Thanks ya'll!

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Damn, no hits yet? I had to come take a look just for the avatar name, I thought it was my wife posting, StunningCunt, but I was mistaken. I knew right away, she hasn't referred to me as anything as nice as "significant other" in 20 years (I've only known her for five), plus only half the name is right, not the stunning part either. Lol totally kidding. I'll keep the innuendos family friendly

This will at least bump to the top of the list, I too would like to know where the community shops for their head units.

I can say, plenty of them switch their electronics out. Check out the sub forum for electronics, bang the search tool a couple times, maybe for .com maybe not so lucky, but a little reading and you'll have more info than you can use in one night. Plus the knowledge base is just fascinating.

Member by the name @Mpgrimm2 can build you whatever harness you may need, oem or custom, security bypass (not needed here, just impressive as hell) or just straight up new radio in different year Ram, most any system needing conductors, I think he's the Huckleberry.

Hmmm, might be all I know. As soon as mine breaks, I'll know more. Shoot, now I've done it.
Good luck brother

'16 PWagon with a badass Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd // 5.13 AAM // 37" KM3, -12mm // DOR, Purple Cranium // CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 // z36, EBC // Custom Graphics, AVS, 4% VLT // Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics // Alfa, Diablo //.................

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Your 14 8.4 radio is not compatible with the 09-12 trucks... Electrical/communication system is different (unless your an EE and plan to build a CANbus interface/translate module...: then maybe). You're better off looking into something aftermarket for the '11 but I mainly deal with 13-18 trucks.

M² Mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500