Uconnect issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oram2697

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI V-8
hello,

have anyone have this issue?

I tried to update Uconnect software 17.11.17 to 17.43 or something like that and the result isn't pretty!

i get error message after 10th unit of embedded update stuck in 1% where sooner or later this message shows up: Sierra Wirless: bolo file install failed. Please remove USB stick to reset.

i seen log file and it ain't pretty ... see attached swdlLog.txt so u can see what issue is

so i disconnect battery to stop rebooting uconnect installation request

it assumed something wrong with chip? any ideas? Thank you

Attachments

• swdlLog.txt
    55.6 KB · Views: 9

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I've seen posts that said the leave the stick inserted for a day or two to allow the bad install to timeout and then removed it. Hopefully that works.

M² Mods.

Silver Goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Larame Longhorn
Engine
Cummings 6.7 Diesel
At the risk of sounding like a complete Noob, I must ask about the UConnect problem. I have a 2018 2500 with UConnect, so far I think things are fine. Tell me about this update and how is put into play.

Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
oram2697

oram2697

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI V-8
Mpgrimm2 - I see I will try that and go from there if no luck then I will have too do more research on it

OP
OP
oram2697

oram2697

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI V-8
Sliver goose - I just followed instructions with download and installation. Unfortunately those things came up ... I can look into it one more time to hope it makes big improvement

OP
OP
oram2697

oram2697

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI V-8
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

I'm fortunate to found an old saved file on my network personal drive that contains old 17.11.07 that i previously downloaded last year from uconnect and extracted it too usb drive under fat32 format and I will try it too see if that will fix the brick issue then will do OTA with 17.11.17 known to work well and leave it at that

wish me luck on that and i will keep ya'll posted

now it got me thinkin' is there any way that 17.11.07 can be shared with others on this forum or is it illegal to do so?

Thank you

LESSON LEARNED HERE and I hope everyone else does the same if they choosen to do so ... alway SAVE any old installation files from Uconnect in case installation from new update FAILS

never assumed new installation will work smoothly!

Last edited:

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

I'm fortunate to found an old saved file on my network personal drive that contains old 17.11.07 that i previously downloaded last year from uconnect and extracted it too usb drive under fat32 format and I will try it too see if that will fix the brick issue then will do OTA with 17.11.17 known to work well and leave it at that

wish me luck on that and i will keep ya'll posted

now it got me thinkin' is there any way that 17.11.07 can be shared with others on this forum or is it illegal to do so?

Thank you

LESSON LEARNED HERE and I hope everyone else does the same if they choosen to do so ... alway SAVE any old installation files from Uconnect in case installation from new update FAILS

never assumed new installation will work smoothly!

Did it work?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just updated to the latest 17.43??? from something ancient, like 13.?? yesterday with no issues.

WhiskyTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last night I obtained an message on my 2013 Ram, Please insert update USB. I obtained the update firmware and loaded it on 2 thumb drives and get to Unit 4, IOC-Bootloader. Right after this I get the message, MMC.LUA:Error - no copy progress from 0% after 61 seconds. Please remove USB Stick to reset. I am then shown a Wait 2 - 5 minute message and the loop starts over again. Any suggestions?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Last night I obtained an message on my 2013 Ram, Please insert update USB. I obtained the update firmware and loaded it on 2 thumb drives and get to Unit 4, IOC-Bootloader. Right after this I get the message, MMC.LUA:Error - no copy progress from 0% after 61 seconds. Please remove USB Stick to reset. I am then shown a Wait 2 - 5 minute message and the loop starts over again. Any suggestions?

I noticed this on my latest update. Just let it run... it seems like a loop, but it's not. Eventually you'll see the module number change.

Why 2 USB sticks?

WhiskyTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed this on my latest update. Just let it run... it seems like a loop, but it's not. Eventually you'll see the module number change.

Why 2 USB sticks?

i tried 2 usb drives as one of the posts mentioned it might transfer too fast. So i tried to use an older, slower drive.

WhiskyTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahh... did you get it to work?

so i went to the dealership yesterday and they knew nothing of the uconnect update, they did offer the phone number for crystler. I called them, based on my vin, validated there is an update. I reviewed the issue I was having and they suggested i try a kingston usb drive with a size of 16 to 32. (i asked if the notes referenced speed of the drive and there was no note.) The notes they had been reading stated to not use one larger then 32. I looked around at the local stores yesterday and found every manufacture but kingston. I am going to place an order for one and report back when i obtain it in the mail.

twam911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have tried 12 times to do update and called uconnect 4 times....call 2 dont use sandisk they are not compatible. 3rd call dont use sandisk or Lexar they are not compatible use a PNY and use a 16 gig drive but not a 32 gig drive. Well none have worked and I know have spent numerous hours and money in flash drives and gas driving to buy them. I have given up! Uconnect said they cannot help me anymore with issue. Plus I bought the navigation this past April. It looks terrible and the dealership said it is not right also. The version I bought is a VP3.....there have been 8 new version since the VP3.....they do updates once a year. They said I can buy the update for another $149. This is after I spent $600 for a 8 year old version. I have been given 4 different places to call, been told 3 times to call to places I have already called.....I had 2 friends today call to ask who and where I bought my truck told them both my issues. One is going to GMC the other Ford. There $90,000 loss because of issues!

OP
OP
oram2697

oram2697

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI V-8
I found out it an bad Sierra Wireless card that had to be replaced ... unfortunately its embedded into circuit board that where it preventing me to upload and write new software into the system. Well I found place in Florida that can fix that issue for reasonable price and u can still keep your existing unit touch screen and all that ... website:

https://navrepair.com/

I sent my unit out last week to have Sierra Wireless card replace, software updated to 17.43.01 and making sure it works again when do so ...

that card is known to fail over time ... that would be nice if there been recall to fix it on Dodge part ... haha right i doubt it

I'll keep everyone posted on how they do when I get the unit back from bein repaired

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
I just updated. pretty smooth and I only really noticed it seems to have a little more Bass

OP
OP
oram2697

oram2697

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI V-8
Good news! I got my touchscreen back last week and reinstalled it myself ... everything is back to normal now and it's working ... my hats off to NavRepair.com for thier hard work! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca