Uconnect reboots cobstantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crwchf16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,
I have a 2016 Ram with the uconnect with a 5-inch screen in it, otherwise I'm not sure of the version. The radio and backup camera functions fine but when I make a call or try to use the Bluetooth connection for audio, the system will reboot after almost exactly 90 seconds. If I don't use the Bluetooth media, it's fine but the second I do, the 90-second timer starts. Has anyone seen this before? How do I fix it?
Alternatively, I've been thinking of upgrading to the 8-inch display so maybe would be a good time to do it?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi guys,
I have a 2016 Ram with the uconnect with a 5-inch screen in it, otherwise I'm not sure of the version. The radio and backup camera functions fine but when I make a call or try to use the Bluetooth connection for audio, the system will reboot after almost exactly 90 seconds. If I don't use the Bluetooth media, it's fine but the second I do, the 90-second timer starts. Has anyone seen this before? How do I fix it?
Alternatively, I've been thinking of upgrading to the 8-inch display so maybe would be a good time to do it?
It's possible there is some kind of Bluetooth codec bug on your radio causing the problem. There may be a firmware update available to fix this. I went from a 5" to 8.4" and I've been very happy with it since 2015.

The Dank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you found the answer to your issue yet? Mine (same radio) started doing the exact same thing today. :(