UConnect update for 5/21/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13Ram333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only issues I seem to have with this headunit are 1, not all my Playlists show up on the headunit itself, whether my iphone 5 is plugged in or not. They're right there on my Playlists on my phone, just not on the headunit. The only other issue I guess is with Uconnect itlsef. I have the app for the phone which does all the functions of the key fob from remotely anywhere but it doesn't work half the time. Have to keep uninstalling the app and reinstalling. It also keeps telling me the app is locked out while the vehicle is in motion...but the truck isn't moving, I am. Walking, in another car, sometimes even standing still. Weird. I haven't updated to the latest firmware for the headunit yet but hopefully that will fix these 2 small issues. The app itself definitely has some bugs that need to be worked out. As for the iPhone itself, I'm starting to actually FEEL like those Samsung commercials are true...ie: I'm constantly waiting for the next update to see if I get some more cool features and big fixes lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sigh... New issue with this wonderful system... Now, the unit won't play any of my music from media locations.. Won't recognize my SD card, won't play the iPhone 5 from USB, and won't play it from Bluetooth. It recognizes the phone and can see my contacts, make and receive calls, but suddenly can't play my music (radio is fine, including XM). Worked yesterday, not today. I have 8.4AN with the new software "upgrade".

Has anyone else experienced & hopefully solved this??? I deleted and re-paired both phones (my wife has an iPhone 4) and shut off truck several times hoping it would just as magically reappear... No dice..

Signed,
Tuneless and Sad in MA

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sigh... New issue with this wonderful system... Now, the unit won't play any of my music from media locations.. Won't recognize my SD card, won't play the iPhone 5 from USB, and won't play it from Bluetooth. It recognizes the phone and can see my contacts, make and receive calls, but suddenly can't play my music (radio is fine, including XM). Worked yesterday, not today. I have 8.4AN with the new software "upgrade".

Has anyone else experienced & hopefully solved this??? I deleted and re-paired both phones (my wife has an iPhone 4) and shut off truck several times hoping it would just as magically reappear... No dice..

Signed,
Tuneless and Sad in MA

Damn man that sucks. I have upgraded two trucks so far, one with the 8.4a(mine), and one with the 8.4an and they both work perfectly. I have an android phone along with my wife, and my buddy has an iphone 5 and his wife a 4s. All phones work perfectly for music/bluetooth/messaging/etc. I would try doing the update again. If that doesn't fix it, I'd bring it back to the dealer...

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, as magically as the problems started, after two days they disappeared and everything is working, including the new incoming messaging functionality... Still no Browse key when connected via Bluetooth, but can play tunes controlled by phone as before.. I've been an I.T. guy for 35 years and have seen odd behavior from computers but this is a head scratcher... It must be downloading changes in the background that I'm unaware of.. Who knows.. Well .. Better things to worry about I guess!

erie_one

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 laramie 4x4 quad cab
Engine
hemi
So, as magically as the problems started, after two days they disappeared and everything is working, including the new incoming messaging functionality... Still no Browse key when connected via Bluetooth, but can play tunes controlled by phone as before.. I've been an I.T. guy for 35 years and have seen odd behavior from computers but this is a head scratcher... It must be downloading changes in the background that I'm unaware of.. Who knows.. Well .. Better things to worry about I guess!

I have the same exact issues, and they come and go just as yours. Truck was in dealer a week back for routine maintenance and they tried to do the update but the truck wouldn't take it. Will try again next oil change.

whalleyb0y

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to take my truck into the dealers after I noticed a paint flaw (suction cup shape on the door).
At that time they noticed an update was available for the stereo so they are going to be updating it. They said the update will cover an issue with an inaccuracy with the outdoor air temp amongst other stereo improvements.
Should be interesting to see what happens.

rbintx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I received an update to the uconnect app on my phone the other day and it now has the Via Mobile tab, however, still no apps. Anyone been able to get the apps? Really just would like to get Pandora on the dash....

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I received an update to the uconnect app on my phone the other day and it now has the Via Mobile tab, however, still no apps. Anyone been able to get the apps? Really just would like to get Pandora on the dash....

Nope I still can't get a single app. I would have thought that halfway through the year they would have been able to have the system up and running, but I guess not. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rbintx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I didn't think so, but at least I know I shouldn't spend anytime troubleshooting!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nope! I'm also excited for the Pandora app if/when they get it up and running. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later...

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update on my woes getting iphone music to work with new software update..

Sometimes it works.. Sometimes it doesn't ...

Trying to detect a pattern.. Seems like If I turn the deck to RADIO before I shut off the truck, and then wait a few minutes after starting truck next time, then turn on MEDIA/Bluetooth- that seems to work.. Then, plug phone into USB and that seems to work. Skip any of those steps and it doesn't work.

Go figure.

whalleyb0y

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my truck back after the dealership said they did an update, except that I am still on version 12.43.4 just like I was when I went in so like wtf?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow I guess I've gotten lucky with my Uconnect. The other day I turned the truck on and the Uconnect didn't turn on. Fortunately after I turned the truck off and back on again it worked. That's the biggest problem I've had so far. Hopefully you guys won't have any more issues.

Ram-NB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Wow I guess I've gotten lucky with my Uconnect. The other day I turned the truck on and the Uconnect didn't turn on. Fortunately after I turned the truck off and back on again it worked. That's the biggest problem I've had so far. Hopefully you guys won't have any more issues.

I've had this problem a few times as well but each time I had to shut it off for a few minutes before it would work.

Gonna do the update.

Ram-NB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The update date on the file I'm downloading is June 3, 2013. We will see what it does.

Ram-NB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Did the update but noticed zero difference. No changes with my iPhone 5 connection or the iPod with my music in the centre counsel. ????? Maybe the touch screen will work better as they said in the update notes.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Can't say I've even had that problem yet. So was it basically a blank screen? Like no hvac controls, radio, etc?

Did the update but noticed zero difference. No changes with my iPhone 5 connection or the iPod with my music in the centre counsel. ????? Maybe the touch screen will work better as they said in the update notes.

Honestly, the biggest difference I noticed in mine was a pretty dramatic increase in sound quality. I have seen no real difference in touch screen accuracy and/or sensitivity. The Uconnect system seems to have spotty performance as I have seen quite a few posts of people having problems with the Iphone 5 connectivity. My truck and my buddys truck seem to work perfectly but both of our trucks only have about 2400 miles on them so who knows it could start happening...

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Correct, It was as if I had pushed that button under the screen that says "screen off" because the screen was just completely black and was acting as if I had not even turned the truck on.

jleach76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on my 5th yes my 5th radio. 8.4N with NAV added. The software is 13.19.0 which I can't find anywere! So far it has taken care of all my problems! LETS HOPE SO.