UGH, ICE SCREWED UP MY WINDOW QUESTION?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone ever have there window freeze, then try to use but it doesnt budge. well then i go out and the window is halfway down today and when i toggle up, the window goes up to the top then pops back down. i roll it down but its still sticking about an inch up. think the motor is screwed or jumped a gear not sure whats goin here....any thoughts

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it sounds like something I did once. The window actually has some clips that snap on to a hole in the glass. Hopefully you just pulled the clip out. If so you just remove door panel and snap back on.

This video may help

Last edited:

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Try recalibrating your window first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try recalibrating your window first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'll try this but my window would close, go all the way to the top, stop, then kick itself back down about 6-8 inches

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
With a 2018 I would assume it might be covered by warranty if the reset does not work ???

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With a 2018 I would assume it might be covered by warranty if the reset does not work ???

yea i get that, but just something to get me by now before i take it in. little cold out(below freezing) if the window keeps popping back down

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
yea i get that, but just something to get me by now before i take it in. little cold out(below freezing) if the window keeps popping back down
SO far the issues I have with my windows is freezing closed :O Hope that reset works for you, It is a pain to go to dealer for a fix, and better if you do not have to ! Please update what you do to fix it

Thanks

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD

If it is the clip, the answer is NOPE. I tried on my Jeep when the same thing happened and it was the clip.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I didn't have heat for 2 years in my '68 Pontiac Catolina. Young and stupid I guess. Or broke. I seem to remember being broke for more than a few years.

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this issue on my 2016. After the clips popped out the first time it made it a lot easier for it to happen again any time there was a little bit of ice on the window.. I think it took me 3 times of this happening before I started carrying an old debit card to free the window from the window seal.

My tip is to slightly pull up on the window switch without activating the auto up feature. Slowly tap it up until the window seals and then stop. It will keep your window up and wont automatically go back down. This way you can still use your window until you have time to re attach the clips or take it to the dealer.

Greenham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll try this but my window would close, go all the way to the top, stop, then kick itself back down about 6-8 inches
The key is to HOLD the button up for an additional 5 seconds before holding it down for 5 seconds after the window is fully down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i did get the window to reset BUT i can tell one of the clips must be broke cause i can grab the window and pull the back side(towads the rear) up and out a little , where as the front seem to be locked back down cause it wont pull up. checked the passenger side and its locked it pretty good and wont move. so see if my guy doing my headers tomorrow will do some warranty work as well

OP
OP
88ROOK

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well finally got window into the dealer, at first they didnt want cover it under warranty, saying i knew the window was froze and hit the button anyway....BS come back in an hour cause the techs went to lunch, come back talk to another guy says dont worry about it ( i'm friends with the GM) and the other service guy didnt know who i was. he said even though FCA wont cover things under warranty the dealership can still cover it.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hold the window button up for 30 seconds. It’ll reset

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank