Uneven wear on one side after alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dsmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_3460.jpegthese are my setting after getting An alignment at just tires. The right side wore pretty bad in the outside edge. It’s still wearing pretty bad after only a couple hundred miles. Any ideas? Suspension related? 2019 ram 1500 with rough country 6 inch lift.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You didn't say if its front or rear but looking at your toe, I'm going to guess your right rear. Idk that .35 is a LOT but from what I've seen its more than you would want.

If you're asking about the front then idk why.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have no camber. The front tires are standing straight up instear of leaning out some at the bottom. The right tire will wear more on the outside, and the outside left will wear on the outside also.

Also, is your truck pulling to the right? There is way too much caster on the left front.

The way the camber is, your tires will roll over on the outside edges when turning and wear the outside out.

Your total toe at .09 is within acceptable range.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dsmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it’s the right front that’s wearing bad and yes it pulls to the right. What kind of numbers should I be at to help with this problem?

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my 2018 aligned this morning. Here are the numbers I have after alignment.

Camber= Left: -0.2 Right: -0.2
Caster= Left: 3.7 Right: 3.5
Toe= Left: 0 Right: in 1/32"

I may move the toe closer to 1/16" after I drive it a bit. It's according to how straight it tracks. I was going to do the front end myself, but I'm laid up right now after a hospital stay.

I have more caster on the left because my truck has a slight pull to the left, and the extra caster on the left fixed that.

It sometimes takes going back a few times to get your vehicle to drive right. One size does not fit all. Sometimes you have to set things where they don't make sense on paper to get the right drive out of one.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing they changed on your truck was the toe. The different camber reading on the left is probably just settling of the truck on the lift after toe adjustment and jostling around.

Take some of the left caster out of it. Changing the caster will move the camber on these, so take it back where you had it done and have them redo it, then drive it. If not right, go back until it is, or have them refund and go somewhere else.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a "toe and go"- they set the toe and sent you out the door. Camber/caster is adjustable on our trucks and it's an easy adjustment compared to some other vehicles. There's nothing you can do on the rear without adding alignment spacers and those are an expensive job. If it's a random tire place, you might want to look elsewhere for an alignment. Ask around at 4wd or performance shops who they use. I was an alignment tech at Firestone and Sears Auto many years ago. Some guys I worked with spent more time racking vehicles than setting the alignment properly.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your front toe was messed up initially, fixed after, but they didn't address the little less caster in the passenger front, so the vehicle will tend to drift towards the side with less caster. in your case there should be some drift towards thge passenger side. Most road crowns will lean right so lots of shops will set the caster a little lower on the driver side to compensate. in your case that's backwards. Asides from that you have something interesting going on in the back with your toe in the rear passenger compared to the driver side and the trust angle. Have you adjusted your rear control arms or your kit uses brackets to correct for height ?