Up coming Mods and dyno question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackened 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve just started Modding my 2016 Ram 1500 6 months ago. As of now I’ve done the S&B CAI from Moes, BBK 85MM TB and true duels to super 40’s. My Trinity 2 tuner should be here any day and tomorrow I’m ordering ARH long tube headers w/high flow cats from Moes. The tuning shop that’s doing the LT header install is also going to dyno it for me. My question is should I ask the shop to dyno it before the new tuner and headers so I can see the improvements?

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve just started Modding my 2016 Ram 1500 6 months ago. As of now I’ve done the S&B CAI from Moes, BBK 85MM TB and true duels to super 40’s. My Trinity 2 tuner should be here any day and tomorrow I’m ordering ARH long tube headers w/high flow cats from Moes. The tuning shop that’s doing the LT header install is also going to dyno it for me. My question is should I ask the shop to dyno it before the new tuner and headers so I can see the improvements?
Sure! Have fun and post the results :)
Good luck

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is telling us the improvements worth the money to you. IMHO I wouldn't just me lol

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I guess that's your call - if you want to know your gain accurately, and think it's worth the money for stock benchmarking, go ahead.

If you choose to share results with us, that would be appreciated, I'm sure. I am planning to put the ARH Long Tube Headers / cats on mine this spring.

OP
OP
Blackened 1

Blackened 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will have no problems sharing the dyno comparison. Would love the feedback on the results.

OP
OP
Blackened 1

Blackened 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here are the dyno results. I still have to bring it back because he said it still needs to be dialed in better. I guess these trucks are not the easiest on the dyno. At 9pm last night we called it quits. The base line RHP was 298

99125ECF-1F9A-4C58-A962-99B63FD836CB.jpeg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Ok here are the dyno results. I still have to bring it back because he said it still needs to be dialed in better. I guess these trucks are not the easiest on the dyno. At 9pm last night we called it quits. The base line RHP was 298

View attachment 237530

Looks like a ripper to me! Smooth that dip at 5700 rpms out and gtg.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yup, that’s what his plan is. At 9pm we called it quits and will continue another day.

Now the million dollar question,how big a smile did it put on your face when it blew the back tires off when you hammered it from a light,lol.It gained roughly 35 wheel horsepower,and that's definitely enough to feel in the butt dyno,i'd lay money on today being hard on the fuel milege,but big on **** eating grins,lol:dogpile:

OP
OP
Blackened 1

Blackened 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah bro, I was loving it. To bad here in GA it’s been raining this past week so I couldn’t really have to much fun with it. I’m itching to try the Trinty2 0-60 test and see what she can do. Hopefully by Friday the rain will clear and I’ll post the pull. Anyone want to take some bets? Over or under 6.1

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh yeah bro, I was loving it. To bad here in GA it’s been raining this past week so I couldn’t really have to much fun with it. I’m itching to try the Trinty2 0-60 test and see what she can do. Hopefully by Friday the rain will clear and I’ll post the pull. Anyone want to take some bets? Over or under 6.1

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bet you'll be surprised. Did he do trans tuning? If so turning those nannies down alone will make a huge difference

OP
OP
Blackened 1

Blackened 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bet you'll be surprised. Did he do trans tuning? If so turning those nannies down alone will make a huge difference

I’ll have to ask him. He is friends with one of the guys who writes the software for Diablo while he was doing pulls on the dyno. I honestly think he a good tuner guy, just not to familiar with the Hemi.

OP
OP
Blackened 1

Blackened 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll have to ask him. He is friends with one of the guys who writes the software for Diablo while he was doing pulls on the dyno. I honestly think he a good tuner guy, just not to familiar with the Hemi.
I meant to say he was on the phone with the guy who writes the software for Diablo while he was doing the dyno. He was sending him the dyno report and getting his input.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I meant to say he was on the phone with the guy who writes the software for Diablo while he was doing the dyno. He was sending him the dyno report and getting his input.

Now the next question is are you going to stay NA or boost it?

If NA consider gears if the rear axle isn't 3.92.
The transmission tuning usually keeps torque off the launch at bay with the 8 speed unless you really mean business. Also if you're gonna take it to the strip consider swapping out the factory LSD for the truetrac. Clutch pack LSD's like factory aren't big fans of burnouts and launches. They tend to grenade when pushed hard enough.

Stock motor 5.7 headers and gears make a world of difference.

gambeno82

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Sounds like you got some exciting Mods going on. Are you gonna keep he stock wheels on there?