*Update* Sad News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's not totalled (and assuming you live by me from the clackamas towing truck,) then I can recommend the absolute best body shop anywhere and you can request my brother do the work. He is the best and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother lol he literally is the best, and there shop has a 100% LIFETIME warranty on 100% of work (no body else has that.) They just repainted a car free of charge because it started peeling..... the car was painted in 1990 [emoji23] but "lifetime warranty"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks! Well for me the only option is total it. Value of the truck obviously went down a lot with an accident like that. I feel like I have enough leverage on the insurance company, and with him being at fault. So if I need a second opinion, I'd be happy to take it to your brother. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks man. Sorry for your loss.

As for the airbags not deploying, the sensors are in the bumper and it looks like most of the impact was above the bumper.

Hope you get a new truck soon!

Congrats on the marriage!

I mean there is some damage to the bumper too.. thanks!

add14dcc93cf8548d8bfae9a3c5d43b7.jpg

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Go hit the bumper with a sledgehammer and see if they will go off. lol

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell I would buy it back and fix it if they total it. The frame needs a little side sway removed at most and everything else damaged is a bolt on part. Would either fix it and flip it or use it as an off-roader.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hell I would buy it back and fix it if they total it. The frame needs a little side sway removed at most and everything else damaged is a bolt on part. Would either fix it and flip it or use it as an off-roader.

We'll see what happens, haha

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Couple years ago, I had my 2013 Longhorn get its front end taken out by a semi that ran a red. Looks like roughly the same amount of cosmetic damage you have, but looks like you may have a bit more suspension and "hidden parts" damage. My truck's frame was twisted... ended up being 31k of damage on a truck worth 37k. Insurance totaled it.

I took the insurance check and went out and bought myself my current 2014 Longhorn. Love it. Hope you get your truck back quickly from a quality shop, or that they quickly discover the expensive stuff and you hear the "totaled" word. Keep us posted, and as so many others said, congrats on the bride.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Corner hit almost guarantees the frames diamond which is the absolute hardest pull. Almost everything in that front end is a direct replace part (not a fix) which adds up real fast and tbere is about a 95% chance there is a sway under the cab which is almost garaunteed totalled. It is highly likely you'll be picking out a new vehicle lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Couple years ago, I had my 2013 Longhorn get its front end taken out by a semi that ran a red. Looks like roughly the same amount of cosmetic damage you have, but looks like you may have a bit more suspension and "hidden parts" damage. My truck's frame was twisted... ended up being 31k of damage on a truck worth 37k. Insurance totaled it.

I took the insurance check and went out and bought myself my current 2014 Longhorn. Love it. Hope you get your truck back quickly from a quality shop, or that they quickly discover the expensive stuff and you hear the "totaled" word. Keep us posted, and as so many others said, congrats on the bride.

Thanks for the sincere message. Really appreciate it. Met with the shop today and it sounds like that's what's going on. I'm already looking at some 2500's at a dealership in Idaho...[emoji16]
I'll keep you guys in the loop

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I almost did that in 2009 when some idiot rammed into the back of my 1988 5.0 Mustang fastback with 5 speed manual. Due to the age of the car the insurance carrier totaled it. I could have done a buy back for $300 and the adjuster valued it at just over 5 grand because it was in such good shape so the 5k would have gone a long way to repairing the damage.

At the time I was very busy at the office so ended up just letting the car to crusher heaven. There are still times today that I kick myself for not repairing it. There is just something about the deep rumble of that Ford 302 that even just at idle was so wonderful.

Last edited:

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Cummings Diesel
Well.. this happens when someone pulls pulls out right in front of you after being stopped on the shoulder to let you by, without blinking or looking. Thankfully everyone is alright and he had insurance.

Waiting game for me right now - to me it seems totaled...which I'm hoping for, since I wouldn't feel safe driving a vehicle that's been welded back together, nor would I want an accident on my "almost brand new" truck. 6,500 miles. Totaled, or not?

On top of that... this happened two days before I got married, during my bachelor party. Luckily, before anyone of us had a sip of alcohol.

0a8745936e949f52302bc913b734397d.jpg

1bdc593fdb137ffe2d96a20cca23ef35.jpg

f694790fa7d7e33e81ebcf02f00e585e.jpg

bab89850f4e17e14510ff9a043988b87.jpg

332576e40e1d35bbbe1e6572f2d4eb91.jpg

Glad you're ok. Sorry for your vehicle. I lost 3 kids due to some driving impaired. Stay safe my friends. DO NOT DRIVE IMPAIRED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow! Looks totaled and yet you all are ok. That's pretty amazing. Glad to hear. Sorry about the truck, but luckily they're still making plenty.

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any news on the disposition of the truck? Hell if I had a few extra coins in my pocket it would love to get the remains if it's totaled. Lol.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you're ok. Sorry for your vehicle. I lost 3 kids due to some driving impaired. Stay safe my friends. DO NOT DRIVE IMPAIRED!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. I couldn't even imagine. Thank you.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any news on the disposition of the truck? Hell if I had a few extra coins in my pocket it would love to get the remains if it's totaled. Lol.

No news. Got a few people interested in it though so if you are send me a PM. Insurance-****show. Surprise!!

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
@julie4bill, holy crap, I'm so sorry, I have no words but I'm sorry. Nothing to compare to but I just lost a friend of 35 years to same thing.

Last edited:

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As others said glad your ok and able to tell the tale. It sucks loosing anything over someone else's carelessness.

But I can't help to mention the irony of having a tow truck be the reason for the accident. It is kinda funny if you think about it.

Hope your fight with the insurance goes well and you can pick out a new ride.