*Update* Sad News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julie4bill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Cummings Diesel
Sad News

@julie4bill, holy crap, I'm so sorry, I have no words but I'm sorry. Nothing to compare to but I just lost a friend of 35 years to same thing.

@SYKRAMMAN I'm sorry to hear that. We have a support group on line for victim's families and friends if you are interested. The email is [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you heard any thing more? I know sometimes insurance companies will try to draw out the process to wear you down to you just want to get it done and settle for less. Don't let them do this. If it isn't totaled make sure they use OEM parts (the truck is defidently new enough) and remember you can have the shop of your choice fix it.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you're ok. Sorry for your vehicle. I lost 3 kids due to some driving impaired. Stay safe my friends. DO NOT DRIVE IMPAIRED!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss.......cannot even begin to imagine the heartache over that.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and again, Julie, could never even imagine. Life is a gift - let's enjoy and appreciate it while it lasts.

So here's what happened. At the time of the accident, the other driver had incorrect insurance information in the glovebox. A claim was started and other insurance company said nothing made sense. I called the other driver's tow truck company (who do you think picks up the phone, the other damn driver). Figured out correct insurance information and had a new claim started.
The third party property damage adjustor hired by the other insurance company inspected the truck yesterday, August 14th, and I got a message from the shop saying it went well and it should be totaled, and I should be hearing back the next few days.
Tried contacting the property damage adjustor from the other insurance company (who I'm going through) but couldn't get ahold of her. Classic. So right now it's a waiting game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And I'm not letting them repair it no matter what. The value of a truck like that, with an accident of that caliber, would go right down the drain. All I need to say is "Hey, if your insured driver didn't pull out, nothing would have happened" (usually the opposite[emoji15])
And if they keep going, guess I'll just have to hire a lawyer. [emoji1360]

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If they do not total it all you can do is sell it after they fix it. I was in a similar situation last year, kid texting pulled out in front of my wife. New car with only 5,000 miles and the damage was almost 50% but they would not total the car.

I traded it in.....

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And I'm not letting them repair it no matter what. The value of a truck like that, with an accident of that caliber, would go right down the drain. All I need to say is "Hey, if your insured driver didn't pull out, nothing would have happened" (usually the opposite[emoji15])
And if they keep going, guess I'll just have to hire a lawyer. [emoji1360]

Sorry, doesn't work that way. Seen tons of guys think they can do that and they simply end up with a towing bill and storage fee that they have to pay lol. Like it or not if it's not totalled, it's yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, doesn't work that way. Seen tons of guys think they can do that and they simply end up with a towing bill and storage fee that they have to pay lol. Like it or not if it's not totalled, it's yours.

Bet me

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bet me

Ok lol. Not at all trying to be a jerk so I hope I didn't come off that way brotha. It's just as I said earlier, my brother is the lead body tech at the highest rated body shop around, I use the shop a lot to work on my stuff with my brother and I can't tell you how many times he's told me or showed me trucks that are repaired (brand new trucks) sitting on the street and tow truck is picking it up and taking it to the tow yard at the owners expense because it's "abandoned." Owner refuses to accept his fixed truck because of loss of value but that's life, it's yours... if it ain't totalled, it's yours. You own it. Honest to god about 2 months ago this exact thing happened with a brand new tundra, dude refused to accept it even though it's fully repaired so it got towed after about 2 weeks of sitting at his expense

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're good! Appreciate your honesty. Talked to the shop guy yesterday and after the adjustor came out he said that "property damage adjustor was here and everything went well, it should be totaled and we will hear back the next few days". Although if they decide to repair it, against all odds haha, I'll get rid of it asap

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're good! Appreciate your honesty. Talked to the shop guy yesterday and after the adjustor came out he said that "property damage adjustor was here and everything went well, it should be totaled and we will hear back the next few days". Although if they decide to repair it, against all odds haha, I'll get rid of it asap

I am wishing you the best on the total my man, it's a messed up situation no doubt and in my opinion a guy in your situation should definitely get a new truck. Although yours was quite the looker I must say [emoji41]

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they total it find out what the buy back is... I have $500 laying around, and I always love a good project.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Popular dealerships with great pricing
Jay

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
How much to buy it back ? what gears are in it ? you might be able to make your money back plus just on the diffs.