*Update* Sad News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Evaluation company decided that the vehicles worth is $38,877 and an extra $990 for refurbishments, with a buyout at $10,371. Now I have no problems with depreciation, but considering it has a lift kit from BDS that I could send back under warranty which by itself is worth $2,500, 3 tires and wheels in great condition worth almost a grand, and the aftermarket parts totaled up to over $10,000, those numbers kind of gets my blood pumping.

Is there anything I can do? Reaching out to an insurance agent that is a family friend for some advice, meanwhile whatever they're smoking I'd like to try some.

These are numbers from KBB after putting my vehicle info in:
52f49d020740880a4a4783d68f3d85a6.jpg

23e7262225f164ea6fb2f2738447e72e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Evaluation company decided that the vehicles worth is $38,877 and an extra $990 for refurbishments, with a buyout at $10,371. Now I have no problems with depreciation, but considering it has a lift kit from BDS that I could send back under warranty which by itself is worth $2,500, 3 tires and wheels in great condition worth almost a grand, and the aftermarket parts totaled up to over $10,000, those numbers kind of gets my blood pumping.

Is there anything I can do? Reaching out to an insurance agent that is a family friend for some advice, meanwhile whatever they're smoking I'd like to try some.

These are numbers from KBB after putting my vehicle info in:
52f49d020740880a4a4783d68f3d85a6.jpg

23e7262225f164ea6fb2f2738447e72e.jpg

Time to find out what you can take care gf without lowering that number i doubt they'll try and fix its so they might as well let you take some of those goodies off

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update - just lectured the insurance adjustor in a good way, found two fair comparisons. My guess is she won't even try to read the email and will forward it to someone else to take care of it.

For the inquiring people - the buyout is $10,371.

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The buy back is out of my range. Speaking of range... the insurance company is going to try to get out of this for the smallest amount possible. It's a business and they are in it to make money not freely give it away. So that being said you need to call them, and fight for the amount you feel is fair. Let them know the value of the added parts, and show them comparisons to other similar rigs that you are "considering" as purchase replacements. If they won't budge then get your insurance involved. It may seem odd but it is a common practice for a person to either have their own insurance take care of the claim to your satisfaction (which usually results in a higher payout) or you sue your own insurance for that pay out and carry on. What happens after is your insurance goes after the at fault company for recovery.

Lawyers are sometimes needed at this point too. Sometimes just the mention of one can change the adjuster's numbers.

Oh. And the Adjuster most likely already has a max payout number calculated, and ready but offered you a much lower number to try to get out for less.

Oh and don't forget they owe you the tax value back too. Don't let them say it's already figured into the claim... it is calculated after if your tabs are based on vehicle value. I know you don't have sales tax but you do have to pay for tabs.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Can you get a private adjuster for vehicles? I had to do it when my neighbors tree fell on my property and was definitely worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You know my neck and back are really starting to hurt since the accident and all this frustration over the low buyout offer is aggravating them something fierce...my attorney suggested I see if you can help with that aggravation before I go see a chiropractor....:greenchainsaw:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Update - just lectured the insurance adjustor in a good way, found two fair comparisons. My guess is she won't even try to read the email and will forward it to someone else to take care of it.

For the inquiring people - the buyout is $10,371.

Another end of my buddy's business, Auto Damage Experts, is helping people get more out of insurance companies. You might try reaching out to him if the insurance company is screwing you around.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The buy back is out of my range. Speaking of range... the insurance company is going to try to get out of this for the smallest amount possible. It's a business and they are in it to make money not freely give it away. So that being said you need to call them, and fight for the amount you feel is fair. Let them know the value of the added parts, and show them comparisons to other similar rigs that you are "considering" as purchase replacements. If they won't budge then get your insurance involved. It may seem odd but it is a common practice for a person to either have their own insurance take care of the claim to your satisfaction (which usually results in a higher payout) or you sue your own insurance for that pay out and carry on. What happens after is your insurance goes after the at fault company for recovery.

Lawyers are sometimes needed at this point too. Sometimes just the mention of one can change the adjuster's numbers.

Oh. And the Adjuster most likely already has a max payout number calculated, and ready but offered you a much lower number to try to get out for less.

Oh and don't forget they owe you the tax value back too. Don't let them say it's already figured into the claim... it is calculated after if your tabs are based on vehicle value. I know you don't have sales tax but you do have to pay for tabs.

I found two similar vehicles -
- One selling for 43k at NW Motorsports; a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4 with a 6" lift and 35" tires. Difference between Sport trim and Longhorn trim at retail is about 14k, and to mention my truck had more than a lift and tires. This truck also had 10k+ miles on it, mine had less than 7k.
- One bone stock 2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 with 8k miles, selling for 39,8k. Which is more than 1k than they are offering me for my truck - that has 10k custom work done to it.

All in all, not surprised. Just gotta fight for a fair amount.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When some young kid rear end me and wrote off my car the adjuster hinted on paper my ride wasn't worth much. I told him all the work I had done to it and he said if you have receipts I will count them towards the value. I produced the receipts and he gave me a fair price. Your adjuster won't do this?

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When some young kid rear end me and wrote off my car the adjuster hinted on paper my ride wasn't worth much. I told him all the work I had done to it and he said if you have receipts I will count them towards the value. I produced the receipts and he gave me a fair price. Your adjuster won't do this?

Listen to this story...

I sent her ALL receipts - scanned and sent as documents to her via email. She gets back to me, claiming that they will cover $990 out of over 10k spent. Basically less than 10%, I responded by saying "I think you made a typo because that is basically 10% of the amount I spent" and continued on by mentioning the warranty of BDS and that I could get a new kit under warranty worth $2,500, and she's willing to cover 1/3 of a BDS kit - ONE single item, not all custom stuff, 1/3 out of one item. Haha. This will be interesting ;)

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every insurance carrier I have ever dealt with has an appeal procedure the consumer can take if they feel the award was not correct. Read your policy to see what it states.

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Where is the truck is the question? It at any super secured place? I ask because maybe just maybe you can throw some cash at a shop mechanic to remove some of those pesky upgrades without raising any red flags. I mean in the end they'll probably junk the truck the suspension components definitely need replacing so they can always give you those scrap parts what happens afterwards is not their concern.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where is the truck is the question? It at any super secured place? I ask because maybe just maybe you can throw some cash at a shop mechanic to remove some of those pesky upgrades without raising any red flags. I mean in the end they'll probably junk the truck the suspension components definitely need replacing so they can always give you those scrap parts what happens afterwards is not their concern.

Well... here's the deal. The owner of the shop wants to buy it. Buy out for me is $10,371. Considering the stuff I could take off and sell, I can probably bump that price up to at least $13,000. Thoughts?
6" BDS with 3" Fox
3 intact Toyo RT's with 3 (maybe 4) intact Fuel 18x9 wheels
S&B intake
Carven system + tips
Tint
Bedcover
Tuner + custom tune + PCM

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
If he'll let ya get any of that **** back sure let em buy it. I'd only worry about the lift and the tire and rims unless you're gonna buy the exact same truck

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If he'll let ya get any of that **** back sure let em buy it. I'd only worry about the lift and the tire and rims unless you're gonna buy the exact same truck

I'm probably gonna buy another Ram. So if he wants to buy it; what would be fair? Plus he has no idea what the buy out is unless the insurance company would tell him?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
when my 04 3500 cummins laramie was run over by a semi, while parked, prudential gave me replacement cost on my mods, bed cap, side steps, front hitch ect,,,