Upgraded Pedal Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When getting the Ram, I didn't realize one of the small features I really miss from my 6-speed Challenger is the brushed metal pedals that came stock.

Sure the black rubber ones we have are functional, but I wanted more so I did some quick research and thought I had concluded that the Challenger/Charger pedals would also work on the Ram and bought a set. Unfortunately, they are a no-go on my 2014 Ram w/ power adjusted pedals. The gas pedal won't fit (unless I trim the plastic) as it's more wedge shaped vs straight like the pedals below. The good news -- fits the Charger perfect, and now those pedals are upgraded.

It's a bit confusing because different parts numbers don't always have what I think is the right shaped pedals. I saw where the #82212138 is supposed to be "Ram pedals" and the picture shown is what I purchased (apparently the triangle pads are hit/miss as well).

Pedal Kit - 82212138 | Mopar

My Stock Pedals:
stockpedals.jpg

What I Bought (Mopar #82212138):
pedals-bought.jpg

What I Think I Need (Mopar #UNSURE???):
pedal-wedge.jpg

Alternatively, I found these bad boys that I am really considering. They are a little more costly and you have to drill them so they stay in place, but look really nice and it comes with a matching e-brake pedal for the Ram which I haven't found using the Mopar pedals. I thought maybe the Mercedes e-brake pedal would work (like on the Challenger) but the Ram e-brake pedal looks much bigger.

Anyhow, any thoughts on these SRP pedals?? I have no experience with the brand, but they look to be well made. Also, according to their test data, they have better grip than stock rubber.

And yes...I'm aware the pics below are for a manual transmission -- there is an automatic version available. :roflsquared:

http://www.srpracing.com/pd-ram-srt10-racing-pedals.cfm

srp1.jpg

srp2.jpg

srp3.jpg

srp4.jpg

srp5.jpg

srp6.jpg

Last edited:

RedxEyes71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude, those SRP pedals are killer! Please post back with pics if you go with them.

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few of my Challenger parts sold this weekend, so I have a few bucks to spare. I'm going to call SRP on Monday and see what I can figure out.

Lhemi....would love to see some pictures of the ones you have installed. Also, curious if you ordered the SRT-10 version? One of the reasons I was calling is I saw the Ram SRT-10 and not just a regular Ram listed. Not sure there are any differences or not. Lastly, would like to hear your thoughts on the install process.

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, I spoke to SRP today about the black pedals as I really like them. When talking, the owner informed me that with the pedals being anodized, they would eventually wear with heavy daily use.

I don't think that's a knock to their product, just a reality for anything anodized. But it has me re-thinking the black. Might go with the grip in a satin finish instead.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
A few of my Challenger parts sold this weekend, so I have a few bucks to spare. I'm going to call SRP on Monday and see what I can figure out.

Lhemi....would love to see some pictures of the ones you have installed. Also, curious if you ordered the SRT-10 version? One of the reasons I was calling is I saw the Ram SRT-10 and not just a regular Ram listed. Not sure there are any differences or not. Lastly, would like to hear your thoughts on the install process.

There pictures on my build thread. I don't have my truck right now. They are the brushed finish.
Installing them sucks!!! Use very hot water, as hot as you can stand. Let them soak and warm up to soften the rubber and a couple mid length flat screw drivers to work the tabs around your pedals.

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There pictures on my build thread. I don't have my truck right now. They are the brushed finish.
Installing them sucks!!! Use very hot water, as hot as you can stand. Let them soak and warm up to soften the rubber and a couple mid length flat screw drivers to work the tabs around your pedals.

Your instructions confused me as the SRP pedals are a drill in-place setup, then I found your thread and realized you put on the Mopar pedals on your Ram. I thought you had the SRP pedals, not the Mopar version.

Either way, they look good.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/2012_punisher_r_t_1_1_a-42361/index18.html

At little bling

22945d1393123127-2012_punisher_r_t_1_1-image.jpg

And I agree with you about the brake pedal being a PITA to install. Since my Mopar pedals didn't fit the Ram, I went ahead and installed them on the Charger. They are a nice addition!

Instead of using the hot water trick, I simply left the pedals in my 100*+ garage for a few days. Then added a little persuasion with my screwdriver and finally got it on properly. Of course, the gas pedal was easy peasy. It just snaps over the stock unit. For those that don't realize it -- the stock Ram and Charger gas pedals are a one-piece plastic unit that isn't removeable. Maybe it has been this way for awhile but I was surprised. I was expecting a metal pedal and metal bracket like on the brake, but no dice.

Jumping back to the SRP situation -- I did contact them on Monday. My main concern was ensuring the SRT10 pedals (only ones listed for Ram) would fit my 2014 Ram. They weren't sure, and asked I take some pictures of my pedals and measurements and send to them, which I did. I haven't heard anything back yet. They've had a few days to respond. When I initially spoke to them, it sounded like a one man company who was extremely busy filling orders. I can respect that, but consequently it makes it a little frustrating when I am anxious to find out if the pedals will fit and if so, get an order placed. I'm not giving up yet. I will report more later as I learn more.

In regards to my install concerns, I did find the SRP instructions listed on their website, and also some other install instructions on a different site. The other site isn't Ram specific but gives some pics and a better idea on install -- at least for me, as I am a visual person.

How To Install

Installing SRP Racing Pedal Kits | Dirty Hippo Racing

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Man, I'm going to have to get some of those SRP's.

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW, I took the pictures, dimensions, etc and sent them back to SRP and haven't heard back. Got tired of waiting and decided to order from AutoVation tonight. Got a better deal with an online 25% off coupon I found, plus I got the grid w/ black and silver holes.

As soon as they come in and I get them installed, I will post some pics. :)

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta say, I am less than impressed with AutoVation. In a few words, they have absolutely **** POOR customer service and communication. :(

Thus far....

Ordered 7/23.

Received email back on 7/24 indicating I *may* need to take measurements, pictures, etc. for a 2014 Ram. They would let me know "tomorrow".

I responded on 7/24 saying that was no problem and I was happy to help.

I followed back up on 7/25, and asked for a status update. Specifically requested a date the pedals would ship.

On 8/2, I sent another email requesting an update on the order. Left my phone number and email. Asked if they had been shipped, or what exactly was going on.

Tonight, 8/8, I sent yet another email expressing my concern with their non-responsiveness, and that I was considering filing a claim with PayPal so I could get a refund. Again, left my phone number & email and asked them to contact me.

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fast forward a few months guys. This is what has happened:

- Sent the email I mentioned on 8/8

- Never heard back from AutoVation

- Filed dispute w/ PayPal on 8/24

- PayPal turned to official claim & refunded me on 8/28.

- Coincidentally I received an email from AutoVation later on 8/28 apologizing for the email mishap and that their server had been hit a few months back sending over 60k responses per day, etc. Said they had to redesign the gas pedal to fit my 2014 and the order was at their anodizer and they expected to receive back at their facility on 9/10 and would ship out to me on 9/11.

- I respond back and say that sounds good and to let me know how to proceed w/ payment since PayPal had been reversed in my favor.

- On 9/14 I get an email back from AutoVation stating they were getting ready to ship but noticed the PayPal reversal and that with my permission they would re-send the invoice and upon payment ship. Also they offered some additional discount & free shipping.

- I responded back the same day and said that was acceptable and I would pay the invoice upon receipt.

- Total silence, again. At this point I wasn't out any money and just gave up.

- On 12/7 I get another email saying they didn't know how they missed all this, and the pedals were ready to ship (w/ another discount) and that they sent an invoice. Sure enough an invoice had been sent. I went ahead and paid hoping it would all work out.

- We've been busy w/ our personal lives and I hadn't thought much about it since I paid this last time on 12/7. Went to check the mail yesterday as I was putting up some lights and lo and behold the pedals finally arrived!!!

After I finished the honey-do's at the house, I had to get ready for a Christmas party last night and do that. Haven't even had a chance to see how they line up to the stock pedals yet but they do look cool. I will post some more photos as install progresses.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy **** you are patient! Can't wait to see them...

Can you grab your cell phone, aim that little round circle on the back of it at the pedals, and hit that button that looks like a Cheerio with creases. Then post the resulting photograph to this thread, PLEASE?! ;)

OP
OP
nolimits76

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quality wise, I am happy with the pedals.

My issues w/ AutoVation revolve around their customer service and communication processes. In today's world, there is just no excuse for not keeping a customer informed and updated -- even if that means bad news such as delays. That being said, they did offer some deep discounts on my pedals to help make up for their errors. I realize it's not all about the money/discounts, but I still appreciate their gesture to provide something to help make up for their error.

All that being said, here are some pictures of the pedals. I will post some more during and after the install, which probably won't happen until after the holidays because of time issues and prep for incoming family.

IMG_0475a.jpg

IMG_0469a.jpg

IMG_0470a.jpg

IMG_0471a.jpg

IMG_0472a.jpg

IMG_0473a.jpg

IMG_0474a.jpg