UPS RANT!...Help me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
:killer:
I think that was FedEx in that vid. Or, both - you know all them dudes do it. LOL

I remember the video I saw was a guy in brown.

It ****** me off to no end because they just throw the **** around like it's no big deal. Even when I was getting them weighed at the shipping place, the lady was man handling the boxes. I was like uhhh? Can you be a little more careful? Even if it is a metal rim.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I know your heated so you can imagine how I feel. If we have before and after pictures with the time/day on them, you think theyd be able to put two and two together and see it happened during shipping!!! But if the worse case scenario happens and they dont honor the claim, I bought some Plasti Dip and im just going to cover up the nicks.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i ship all my stuff via fedex but usually all the stuff i get comes ups.... havent had a problem with either yet.....knock on wood.... going to be opening a package in a little bit

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Plasti Dip may be my only saving grace...I picked some up today as a just in case!

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Nope! Havent even got a phone call yet..:(

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I know right..im going to give them a few more hours..then just call them and say no rep has called me today!

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Ok I just spoke with them again, this time the lady I spoke with was a little more sympathetic towards my situation. She said they have till the end of the day today to call me and set up a time when they can come and do their inspection. I guess Ill be playing the waiting game now...

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
come do an inspection? Most of the time they just send a call tag and its taken back to the local depot.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
That was an option..but I said whos to say your not going to damage them again in shipping. Then if you damage them more Ill be out more money! So they are going to do an on site inspection.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
spiffy

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I get a spiffy :)...I was heated though, but retained my profanity. So Ill find out the 411 once they call...but if I dont hear from them Mr. Plasti Dip is on stand by.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I wouldn't do anything to them until they give you the yes or no.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
As expected never heard from UPS today. After two employees said they will call me today. I even called them and they told me the claim was filled but they cant do anything about it. Its their claim rep that has the say so. Im getting close to just saying f*** it and Plasti Dip it!

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Well guys UPS called, never came and said " because they didnt package and prepare the item for shipping, they are not at fault for damages". Basically claiming what was said before, "improper packaging". I figured its to much of a pita to get legal advice. So I said F*** it and turned to Plasti Dip. Did the repairs tonight and it actually looks pretty good and matches. Going to get it all mounted Tuesday , so ill keep you guys posted with pics!

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear this, although I understand their position as well.

Really, I often think the true enemy of us all are the people who are always trying to take an angle to get something they're not deserving of. e.g., people with damaged wheels shipping them then claiming damage on the shipper.

The behavior of the dishonest most hurts the honest.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It shouldn't matter if it was packaged right or not.

If someone asks me to deliver something, I am going to make sure it doesn't get damaged, no matter how it's packaged.

And if they aren't gonna honor the insurance, they shouldn't be allowed to sell it in the first place UNLESS they actually packaged it.

it's just a cop put they use, and no one challenges it.

Just like waiver forms you sign, they aren't worth the paper they are written on if you take it to court most of the time.

srqFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It shouldn't matter if it was packaged right or not.

If someone asks me to deliver something, I am going to make sure it doesn't get damaged, no matter how it's packaged.

And if they aren't gonna honor the insurance, they shouldn't be allowed to sell it in the first place UNLESS they actually packaged it.

it's just a cop put they use, and no one challenges it.

Just like waiver forms you sign, they aren't worth the paper they are written on if you take it to court most of the time.

I shipped the wheels in boxes MADE FOR WHEELS. They are sold in these same boxes from the manufacturer.

Yet, somehow, its MY FAULT that they got damaged. Not due to the negligence of the UPS workers and the poor handling skills.

Sean i think you need to call them back and raise hell. There is $100/per box insurance for a reason. I feel that they should honor that.