using an older 440 Non-PCM motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chopper2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liter
If i install and older 440 magnum engine into my 06 dodge ram, how do i make all of my Dash instrumentation work in a computerized truck body.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
You might want to post this in the 3d Gen section as it may get more help there.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you had an 05 or older you might get away with it, but you have an early CAN bus truck. Even with a previous generation PCI bus truck, it took a high end shop to fit a 2G 426 hemi to a 2002 and make it function correctly (hired by Dodge). Some food for thought (which I know hasn't really happened):
- What trans would you use?
- At the very minimum you'd have to have some form of standalone EFI engine management (carb & vac advance distributor is out of the question) if you even want to have a hope or prayer of successfully integrating it.
- 440 Magnum in it's best form (hot flat tappet hydraulic cam, 10.5:1 CR, needs leaded gas) was 375 gross hp, probably much closer to the 320 mark net hp wise. While it wouldn't have the same torque just based on sheer displacement alone, you could easily build a 4.7 to that mark. 08-13 4.7's were rated at 310 hp in Rams. Just needs the later heads, cams and intake manifold with tuning to match.
- You would actually have an easier time swapping to a 3G (hell, even a 4G) hemi than you would trying to make a 440 work.
- If emissions are any kind of consideration where you live, you'd be f@cked trying to get a 440 in a 2006 Ram to pass lol.