V-6 Eco Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oilbelcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Limited Diesel
Engine
Diesel 3.0
Agree, I will assemble the data here when I get a chance. Was trying to provide what I had at my fingertips. In doing this I would lose other people who responded but will do best I can

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would say for anyone who drives more than 20,000 a year the eco diesel would be a good investment. For people like me who only drive 9000 miles a year and go to the track often, get a hemi.
Problem solved

Sausage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am in the market for a new truck. I have looked as the EcoD for a while and love it, but there seems to be alot of issues with it at this time on the eco site. I understand the residual value, but my next vehicle will be with me for at least the next 10 years or more, and to me the residual value is not important. As I have a 1995 s-10 with 245000 and the motor is strong but other parts are what the issue are. 2002 chevy trailblazer 200000, also motor is strong but other parts are what is costing, and a 2004 gmc canyon. 145000, and having to replace other parts than the motor. In the long run I think both engines will give long service it is the other parts of the vehicle that will wear-out. And then to me after 10 plus years I have gotten what I need out of a vehicle when it starts nickel-and-dimin me to death. If I can't trust a vehicle on a trip then I really don't need that vehicle, or its time for me to look for one for that purpose as well.