Vehicle pin denied by dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ralph Bucci

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I am trying to program a new threshold in the TPMS and can't get the pin code from 2 dealers I visited. Any other way of obtaining the pin or other suggestions? Are they required to give it to me or is it an option for them?

Thanks in advance!!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am trying to program a new threshold in the TPMS and can't get the pin code from 2 dealers I visited. Any other way of obtaining the pin or other suggestions? Are they required to give it to me or is it an option for them?

Thanks in advance!!

Since I have never heard of anyone getting the pin code, I am thinking they are not required to give it to you.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks in advance!!
Here you go. Sorry you have a crappy dealer lol. Mine gave it to me right off for free. It technically is part of the vehicle and they should give it to you. Some dealers charge and some don’t but they should give it to you.

I believe this is around $15.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/i-...without-the-dealer.137375/page-4#post-1984572

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No questions with my request. I proved I was me (driver's license) and that it was my vehicle (truck registration).

They are not required to hold that information from the owner but they do have to verify it is yours per the internal FCA instructions.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No questions with my request. I proved I was me (driver's license) and that it was my vehicle (truck registration).

They are not required to hold that information from the owner but they do have to verify it is yours per the internal FCA instructions.

Same with mine. The parts guy did ask me what I was doing with it, but that was after he'd handed it to me so it was just curiosity on his part. I told him I was programing an extra key and we got into a discussion on swapping to the keyless go, which apparently he'd done to his Jeep. :)

-K

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My parts guy went right to it after I asked.

He said, "Michael...what are you up to now???" I've been doing business there for a while. :D

After he gave me the PIN he said he'd better follow procedure and see my DL and registration just so he could truthfully say he'd seen them.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Bummer for those that meet with resistance. My parts guy took my info and promptly returned with the printout of the RFH PIN and the KEY PIN. He did say that they would expire. Oh well, I just thanked him and left.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sucks for those that have issue. They should give it to you with proof of ownership of the vehicle. Got mine with no issue.

There is a letter that someone got from FCA floating around that states you have to right to the pin that you can take to the dealer but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Look at first page of the AlfaOBD thread the FCA memo should be there.

oldguy2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While I had my 2017 in for a recall I just walked over to parts dept and they just gave it to me.