Very Poor Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramusr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's normal behavior for a dealer. Strike or not. Matter of fact, normal behavior these days. I had an appointment to get tires at a chain tire seller, only to have them put me in line and dismiss my appointment time.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dropped truck off at the dealer for warranty service. 2 weeks later they say they might get a chance to look at it today. What good is having an appointment if it going to sit for 2 weeks? Anyone having issues with service?
Sad, never go back never spend a single dime there, and if you feel like educating them tell them you arent and why. I bought like 5-6 vehicles from the same dealer, everytime I bought a new one I would let them know just for conversation hey this is the 4,5,6 vehicle I have bought there. They never spoiled me, they never gave me a bronze trophy or anything, they just always did right by me, so they earned my dollars. They never pulled none of this garbage I hear about in these forums. Two weeks, that is ridiculous. What was the warranty service? name or should I say shame that dealer. No excuses, they should have at least told you it would be a while before even looking at it.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dropped truck off at the dealer for warranty service. 2 weeks later they say they might get a chance to look at it today. What good is having an appointment if it going to sit for 2 weeks? Anyone having issues with service?
Fortunately, that is not the norm in my area. We have 2 newer Stellantis vehicles, and appt times are always honored. And they always get the work done and out the door by EOD. We always choose early morning appt times.

I've read a lot of posts like yours over the last year or two, though. I'd be pretty pissed off if they had it for 2 weeks and had not even looked at it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My dealership in El Cajon, lost several Mechanics & Service Advisers in the last 2 years.

They can't even get Courtesy Van drivers, but i can understand that, they hire Seniors & they don't want to catch any diseases.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, average STARTING rent here is 2400 bucks a mo, my wife hires people for her govt job they start at 19 per hour, so even if they get 20 bucks an hour that is only 3200 per mo BEFORE taxes, lol. Long story short, courtesy drivers in this location went away in 2020 and have not come back, they simply don't offer that service, or any services that they "used" to do, like loaner vehicles. Wanna good laugh watch their face when you ask them for a loaner. But there still are decent dealers just less of them, less service ever since 2020 across the board in all things. They cannot keep people at the postoffice, not even with those great beny's. But having an appt and letting it sit for weeks, that is just fa k n mean.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My local dealer is pitiful. Haven't been there in years. They have screwed up more than they have fixed (no exaggeration). They actually hired a 10th grader from my wifes school to be a mechanic there. She works at a vo-tech and he was in the auto shop class. The dealership was so desperate they hired him on co-op so he did 1/2 a day there and 1/2 a day in school. You don't even need an appt there anymore. Used to be all bays were full. Now less that 1/2 have anything in them. Nobody in town will go to them. Just one incident was they didn't balance my tires then when I called later that day they tried to tell me I had a ben wheel...and they handed it back to me 'with a bent wheel' and never mentioned it...lol. After balancing the tires it was fine.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know the two dealers I deal with, flat out will tell me that if I cant give them a solid 10 on the service survey they want to hear from me...before I fill out the survey. I believe FCA sees these, and will punish them accordingly.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I know the two dealers I deal with, flat out will tell me that if I cant give them a solid 10 on the service survey they want to hear from me...before I fill out the survey. I believe FCA sees these, and will punish them accordingly.
I've been told the same thing either get all 10 or else they get hell, one survey with an 8 or 9 will take them a week of all 10's to over come it, as I see it that is BS to punish them for an 8 or 9 told them the only person who gets a 10 is the wife, I have to live with her lol....

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yeah, average STARTING rent here is 2400 bucks a mo, my wife hires people for her govt job they start at 19 per hour, so even if they get 20 bucks an hour that is only 3200 per mo BEFORE taxes, lol. Long story short, courtesy drivers in this location went away in 2020 and have not come back, they simply don't offer that service, or any services that they "used" to do, like loaner vehicles. Wanna good laugh watch their face when you ask them for a loaner. But there still are decent dealers just less of them, less service ever since 2020 across the board in all things. They cannot keep people at the postoffice, not even with those great beny's. But having an appt and letting it sit for weeks, that is just fa k n mean.

Here in the Portland metro area starting pay for car attendants is $19 hr an if you stay a while you can make $22 hr, all you have to do is point at the car showing it where they want it to go...

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Before I retired from a medical equipment field service job, that was the same attitude from the big shots. I think a "10" rating is absurd and pushing the customers to give us a 10 made a farce of the whole thing.

I am so glad I retired before it really got stupid.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My dealer is decent... if I have an appointment I generally have answers same day. OP's situation is crazy but painting every dealer with that broad brush isn't accurate either. I'm sure there's at least one plumber, dentist and cake decorator somewhere in the country giving terrible service today.... that doesn't mean all of each industry is bad.

bluecheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had an appointment for Sept 28, which I booked back at the beginning of August. I texted the dealership on the 4th of October for a status update. The reply was that they probably will not be able to look at the truck until the 6th. I still haven't heard back from them.

I have no doubt that the service departments are either short handed, overwhelmed, or both. If that's the case, they need to do a better job of scheduling so that they aren't frustrating their customers.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Last time to a dealer for a recall , got a call after 5 hours no part, really . When I picked it up they had changed my oil , I had just changed it a couple days before that , and 2 quarts overfilled. Well I at least got another three gallons of new oil they dumped out , plus the Donaldson filter they changed , and used the Mopar filter . I’m set for doing the next oil change .

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Last time to a dealer for a recall , got a call after 5 hours no part, really . When I picked it up they had changed my oil , I had just changed it a couple days before that , and 2 quarts overfilled. Well I at least got another three gallons of new oil they dumped out , plus the Donaldson filter they changed , and used the Mopar filter . I’m set for doing the next oil change .
I had to look for those bags.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope