Vibration under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoahK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a heavy vibration under load, starting around 25mp and stays consistent all the way up to 65-70 mph. checked under truck and saw a busted U-Joint. I then took the rear driveshaft out to make sure that was where the vibration was coming from, still had the vibration when in 4WD. Off to the transmission shop it went for a diag, talked to them today and they cant narrow down if its in the transfer case or the front end. Has anyone had any problems like this before and if not would where would you start? 2006 Ram 1500 sport 4x4, 187,000 miles on it.

Last edited:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Transfercaes rarely cause viberation Maybe pull the front driveshaft and drive it. The most common causes are Bad ujoints,Bent rim,Tire out of round,Tire out of balance,Bad wheel bearing,Wore out front end tierods ect,Cv axles in the front, The list goes on you need to take it to a decent mechanic to look it over probelm should be somewhat ovbious if its a big viberation.

Also put the rear dirveshaft back in dont drive it much with just the front installed you will mess things up.

OP
OP
N

NoahK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I immediately put the rear drive shaft in after I test drove it without it being in there. The transmission shop took both out and drove with the front out and rear in/ front in and rear out. Was just wondering if transfer case would cause that big of a vibration still in 2wd. Thank you, I’m getting truck back Tuesday from the transmission shop and going to take it to another shop to see what they say also