warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMAX28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
im new to this forum and before i decided to ask ive done quite a bit of looking around. I just bought a '14 ram 1500 big horn and soon i want to start doing some mods, i.e. lift 4 maybe 6 inches idk yet, cold air intake system will prolly be my first step then exhaust system then the lift and tires and wheels but i was wondering if anyone new off hand or new where to find out what kind of mod will void your warranty. any info will be greatly appreciate. thanks everyone

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
According to my dealer any mod voids warranty unless installed by dealer

OP
OP
J

JDMAX28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
oh **** alright man, thanks

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A warranty is voided when you modify your vehicle and that modification fails, causing collateral damage to an OEM part.

Of course, Ram won't warranty any aftermarket parts you may put on your truck unless it is an authorized MOPAR accessory installed by a dealer.

The Magnuson - Moss Act defines the rights for the buyer and seller with respects to warranty.

Let's say you do a catback exhaust and sometime later your audio head unit failed. The dealer can not void your radio warranty as there is no way the exhaust system contributed to the failure.

Now, on the other hand, let's say you put on a 6" lift, big wheels and tires, then go off-road or mudding. You get a bit crazy and snap an axle and trash the hub and differential. There is no way Ram would be expected to honor your warranty for the broken parts in this scenario.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"My dealer" most likely is a salesperson. Not the best source of info. Just like the Internet.
But hey, everyone on the internet is a professional expert on everything.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm with maddog on this one....go and mod away, just remember, that part your modding, if it breaks, or it causes something to break directly from it, your screwed. Everything else....not mod, will be fine and covered under whatever warranty you have.

P.S. please remember each dealer has a different stand on this, so if one refuses service, try a different dealer. The bottom line for all of the dealers, is that whatever you do, it has to have direct affect on what is broken. It's just that some dealers don't want to touch it if it's modded and that's because they want to CYA. You can talk about the moss act, each dealer is responsible for their own work.

Truck name: Rampage
2012 Dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn
*Bilstein 2.8" front, Bilstein shocks on rear with 1" spacer, Pioneer AVH 4300DVD head unit, Polk Audio Dxi350 dash speakers, Kicker 40CSS654 6 1/2" door speakers (x4),fox box 2-12" speakers holder for rear seats, 2-12" aline subs (swe -1243), 500 watt alpine mono sub, LED 3rd tail light smoked, Spyder LED smokes tail lights

OP
OP
J

JDMAX28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Awesome, thanks a lot for all the input fellas

Klaus96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Laramie 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's why BDS gives you a supplemental drive train warranty with their lift. Odds are a lot of dealers will not honor your drive train with a suspension lift, due to relocating diff bracket and other ****. I talked to 2 dealers and mopar warranty about this just a few months ago. Some are mod friendly and some are not.
My dealer says they are mod friendly, but a tuner is a deal breaker. Make some calls dude. Don't take any body's word on this ****. Your money...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy