Wax Brand Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, it doesnt look as shiny in these pics though that's for sure.

I used the DA polisher for the polish and used the hand applicators for the tough spots during the polish application. I also applied the sealant by hand as I only have polishing pads and waxing pads for the DA polisher.

I wasn't sure if i could use the sealant on either of those pads but i wanted to apply that by hand anyway. The sealant was great. One or two drops and i could cover a lot of space, plus you just let it sit so i kept going to the next panel then went back to wipe the "older" panel off.

I will apply the wax by the DA polisher when that time comes. I had to gauge out how much polish to use. I started off with a little too much so i just recalibrated as i went.

To answer your question lol, i used meguiar's polish and wolfgang 3.0 sealant. I'm excited to see how the wax will turn out (meguiar's black wax).

I also only ran through 1/4 of a brick of clay for the entire truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn1112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice bro.
I just bought a 14 Laramie with only 10k miles. Paint is black and trashed, looked like the guy went thru a drive thru wash twice a week. It's probably going to take me 2 days to correct the paint. Plan on upgrading my HF DA with the Flex before doing my truck.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I'm a beginner so I just went with the fool-proof stuff lol. The polish helped minimize some light scratches. I may look into a compound and that should take care of it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Steve,
Looks great!!!!!! I usually let the sealant "bond" for about 24 hours before I apply any wax over the top of it. That seems to work for me pretty well. What do you think of the process now that you have been through it? In the future it will not take you near as long now that you have a great foundation. I use Opti Spray Car Wax on my truck every week after I wash my truck. It takes the place of a "detailer" and it gives the truck a little more "shine and depth" and added protection in between regular sealant and wax applications. It's easy to use--just spray it on and wipe it off after you wash your truck. Again--great job, excellent results!!!!!
Jay

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Steve,

Looks great!!!!!! I usually let the sealant "bond" for about 24 hours before I apply any wax over the top of it. That seems to work for me pretty well. What do you think of the process now that you have been through it? In the future it will not take you near as long now that you have a great foundation. I use Opti Spray Car Wax on my truck every week after I wash my truck. It takes the place of a "detailer" and it gives the truck a little more "shine and depth" and added protection in between regular sealant and wax applications. It's easy to use--just spray it on and wipe it off after you wash your truck. Again--great job, excellent results!!!!!

Jay

Thanks! It was a long process but I just did one panel at a time and broke it up into parts. I wanted to take my time and do it right, not rush through it, etc. I also took breaks for food in between each phase of application lol. I used the garage but it was still hot as hell out. I was trying not to drip sweat on the hood!

It was a good learning experience for doing these kinds of things in the future. The sealant was nice and easy too.

I'm bringing it down to the beach next month so I will definitely throw some wax all over the truck before I head down.

I'll most likely reapply the sealant right before winter. And I've been looking at people use the black wax on youtube, I can't wait to try it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I've been recommended that wax a lot too. I'll have to look into it and give it a try.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a photo I filtered the crap out of to bring out the reflection

2890b77e7dcd1113fb3bcc0955b8afd7.jpg

Comes out kind of blurry on my phone. Hopefully a computer shows it better..

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seeing some mixed reviews in regards to how to apply the wax... Circular motion or no? Wax is meguiar's black wax.

I will be applying it Friday or Saturday.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have never used that wax. You might check autogeek and see if they have any recommendations--or you could call them.
Jay

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never used that wax. You might check autogeek and see if they have any recommendations--or you could call them.

Jay

Looks like i overlooked it on the box[emoji21] it says circular motion. Luckily they gave me a black waxing pad but i think i also heard the yellow polishing pads can be used with wax if needed since i only have one black waxing pad for right now. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat