Well here she is, folks. Pick her up on Tuesday.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great to see some chrome!! Very nice...though I won't ever own black again :)
Yeah, I’m a chrome fan... lol.

It’s not black, its Max Steel....[emoji41]

It is rather dark which means her poor A/C will be workin’ overtime in the summer but at least with the sunroof I can crack it open after sitting in the hot sun all day to let that heat out. Plus I plan to get a good-quality sunshade too...

But I hear ya, I wont ever own black again myself.. I had a black Stratus back in the day and although awful sexy when clean and waxed, it sure as **** didn’t stay that way long....lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Its not black huh, it looks black in the pix.lol

I like those wheels they look real nice and its even better that they are not the cheap plastic wheels.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Ha just thought about it, you are getting that the day after Christmas, well I bought mine last year the day after Christmas.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its not black huh, it looks black in the pix.lol

I like those wheels they look real nice and its even better that they are not the cheap plastic wheels.
That’s what’s so great about it... its a very mysterious color, you really need to see it in person. I’ll play around with it more with the camera in the sun to really bring out the blue and purple-ish tint.

Yeah. Although the wheels on my ten year-old Laramie held up well being the plastic, chrome-clad but I’m so glad these aren’t like that. I’m not even so sure I wanna put aftermarket wheels on it now since they look so good for factory. I am probably gonna get different tires though, as I’m not a fan at all of them cheesy Goodyear SRA’s or whatever they are that the factory puts on. I don’t know about them when they’re new but when I got my older Ram 5 years ago, it was still rollin’ on the factory treads and regardless of the fact that they were only little more than half worn, they sucked. Bad. Them were the most hydroplaning-est damn tires I’ve ever seen. They were downright dangerous. That was even with the traction control. A new set of Cooper Discoverer A/T’s fixed that right up!

Not sure what new shoes she’ll get if I buy new ones. I thought about the BFG A/T’s or just those Michelin LTX tires, the ones that supposedly have the best treadwear in the industry but still have excellent highway traction, wet traction and even ice traction.

I dunno, I cross that bridge someday....[emoji4]

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, I’m a chrome fan... lol.

It’s not black, its Max Steel....[emoji41]

It is rather dark which means her poor A/C will be workin’ overtime in the summer but at least with the sunroof I can crack it open after sitting in the hot sun all day to let that heat out. Plus I plan to get a good-quality sunshade too...

But I hear ya, I wont ever own black again myself.. I had a black Stratus back in the day and although awful sexy when clean and waxed, it sure as **** didn’t stay that way long....lol.

My 14 Sport was Max Steel. When I went in to order a new truck it was going to be another Max Steel but they made me a good deal on the Silver Laramie. Silver is easy to conceal light dirt and stuff so it works for me.

Max Steel is IMO the prettiest color. Looks different colors depending on the angle you're looking from and the lighting conditions.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve said this several times about black...but I always go back !!!

I dunno....lol. I’d have to live in the deep city with no dirt roads at all before I ever got black again. Lol. I don’t mind washing and waxing my ride but in my experience you have to do it too damned often!....[emoji16]

Because I’m picky like that!....

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 14 Sport was Max Steel. When I went in to order a new truck it was going to be another Max Steel but they made me a good deal on the Silver Laramie. Silver is easy to conceal light dirt and stuff so it works for me.
Yeah, silver is quite easy to keep clean, that’s for sure. I had an ‘04 Dak that was silver.

Max Steel is IMO the prettiest color. Looks different colors depending on the angle you're looking from and the lighting conditions.

You got that right!

I was eyeing the True Blue but up close it looked to have too much navy blue in it. But besides, my old one was Patriot Blue so, I had to go with something new... I kinda woulda liked the Bluestreak blue, the one that’s a bright blue but its not offered in the Limited.

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I hear ya. I think I do prefer the Laramie grill better tho, but hey, maybe by the time the factory chrome playing starts to chip, they’ll have some nice ones to choose from in the aftermarket...[emoji14]

Yeah mean nothing wrong with it, I’m sure there are guys that love them. Just personal prefernace. I agree I do like the Laramie grill better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This was the right move! Beautiful truck, and with that warranty, piece of mind.
Primarily it was because of the four-corner air suspension that pretty much prompted the idea of the lifetime warranty...lol. Well, that and because I’ve done a ton of research on what I want and was dead-set on ordering to get what I want, I plan to keep this truck for a very long time so despite the air suspension, it made better sense to just opt for the lifetime warranty. It wasn’t cheap but I think I’m gonna like having that piece of mind for many, many years to come.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I love black... my last truck and my new truck are both black on black. Congratulations on a beautiful truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01Ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I wish I had those wheels on my truck. They look great! That is one nice looking beast you have there. That is what I call the ultimate Christmas present.

When you are ready to upgrade the tires, I think you will like the Michelin Defender LTX. I just got rid of the factory Goodyear's and went to the Michelins and the difference in ride and noise is amazing + 70K mile tread life.

Enjoy the new truck!

DrkRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 crew cab Night Edition
Engine
5.7 hemi
very nice, i like the wheels

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 1998
Engine
5.9 Gas & 5.9 Diesel
I have two Dodge trucks with Rhino sprayed in bedliners, one is covered, the other is not. Neither one of them rubs off and only the non-covered one has faded slightly. I will never own another truck without the sprayed in liner, it has many advantages over everything else IMO...

IMG_0817.JPG