What brand of brake pads do you prefer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
109k miles on my 2015 Ram 1500. As far as I know, still on the factory pads. I have put 80k on them myself.

I have used Wagner thermoquiets on other vehicles I have owned, and had good results.

However, thinking about OE's since they have lasted as they have.

What brand do you use?

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't bought the calipers for the powerstops. Only because I separately bought oem seals. That's a very serious fraction of the cost for seals over buying calipers, and the z36 kit comes with bushings.

Just some food for thought. Not sure what else the powerstop rotors have that the oem don't, except red paint... that a can of self etching primer and red engine paint can't solve after a good cleaning.

I did buy powerstop calipers for my last truck, and still don't know why... didn't notice any difference at all except for color lol

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If it is just a DD, then OEM pads or Wagner OEX. For heavy duty towing or other heard brake usage I prefer the EBC Extra Duty pads with EBC rotors. These pads will dust up the wheels but they provide quite fade free performance when towing heavy loads.

OP
OP
EdGs

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If it is just a DD, then OEM pads or Wagner OEX. For heavy duty towing or other heard brake usage I prefer the EBC Extra Duty pads with EBC rotors. These pads will dust up the wheels but they provide quite fade free performance when towing heavy loads.

DD for me, don't even have a hitch on mine. Never used Wagner OEX before, only $7 higher than a set of Thermoquiets.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running Wagner severe duty front and rear. Got them at Amazon $33 for the fronts, $32 for the rear. Best pads I've ran in my truck so far and they have an excellent price. Theyre quiet and do not throw a lot of dust considering they're semi-metallics.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the powerstop pads/ rotors/calipers (all replaced out of necessity) and personally I love them. Stop great, look amazing and stay pretty clean. 20200909_104910.jpg
Calipers painted with G2 caliper paint because my truck is vain :D

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The oe ones seem to last forever, but the mopar replacements don't so I use the Wagner oex now

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For the e-brake I'm going to try the powerstop coated next time since the mopar ones are corroded and pads are separating every time I do the rear brakes.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put R1 Concepts Geomet rotors and pads on all four corners. They work very well with no fade.

Maniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Iv had the Wagner oex on my truck for about 6 months now. My wheels are completely black after a few weeks. And I still squeak. Stopping power is great, but the brake dust is so bad.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My experience with the Wagner OEXs is no where near the rest of yours. They replaced a set of powerstop z36s. The powerstops left absolutely no brake dust on the rims for the life of the pad. The Wagner OEXs, however, have a been a complete nightmare for dust. I absolutely without doubt will not be using them again. Powerstop all the way....