What did you do to/with your second gen today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Well, didn't follow my own advice and bought cheap tint for a change... The sticker keeping it from rolling apart had such strong adhesive on it that it basically ripped the whole thing apart and left residue behind... Great design lmao. Now I gotta wait at least a week to get more...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Come to ND where stock tint is too much, tint laws here are terrible. This state sucks for aftermarket vehicles, if you're bored look up the lift laws for the state. Also I never got around to working on my truck but painting the pan. I gotta call trans go tomorrow and see if my shift kit makes my trans a manual shift auto or not, the guy installing my shift kit was wondering if that made it manual shift or not. He never really dealt with -2 kits, just -1

Technically riley and i can't do any tint either. People in iowa just do it and deal with the consequences lol

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Technically riley and i can't do any tint either. People in iowa just do it and deal with the consequences lol
I'll be safe with 35% on the side windows. You can legally have the back as dark as you want. Imma do 10%

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, didn't follow my own advice and bought cheap tint for a change... The sticker keeping it from rolling apart had such strong adhesive on it that it basically ripped the whole thing apart and left residue behind... Great design lmao. Now I gotta wait at least a week to get more...

What did you get? When I tore off my screwed up Black Magic it behaved for the most part.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Drove it out to the river tonight, parked it on the bank, and chilled for an hour windows down engine off radio on low. Peaceful

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Ordered them. Will try to get them installed sometime this week if I can figure out a way without cutting the bumper.
ee77df0bcacdd206a33f02877cf8aa9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
Ordered them. Will try to get them installed sometime this week if I can figure out a way without cutting the bumper.
ee77df0bcacdd206a33f02877cf8aa9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricky bobby lol

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
What did you get? When I tore off my screwed up Black Magic it behaved for the most part.
Idk, I threw the ****** away. Brand I'd never heard of, it was on sale lol

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody on here put in a Transgo tfod-hd2 shift kit? I'm kinda worried about the kit turning my transmission into a manual shift which I don't want and I can't find anything on this subject. I'm a little anxious right now and tomorrow isn't here fast enough to call Transgo.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Anybody on here put in a Transgo tfod-hd2 shift kit? I'm kinda worried about the kit turning my transmission into a manual shift which I don't want and I can't find anything on this subject. I'm a little anxious right now and tomorrow isn't here fast enough to call Transgo.

I doubt it. Shift kits generally just give more flow and pressure in the valvebodies and trick the computer into thinking it's normal

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8

Just looked at a parts layout. You're fine. It does come with a redesigned manual valve but so did mine. Just allows it to pump fluid in park

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found one thread talking about this kit and saying they didn't put the big servo springs in and that's what causes the manual shifting. I see tho you have to remove an arm in the actual trans to install those springs. Did you have to at all Pepper?

Sent from the howitzer

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright, guess I'll have to wait until the morning to talk to somebody. Just that the guy doing my shift kit got me worrying about it now

Sent from the howitzer

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I found one thread talking about this kit and saying they didn't put the big servo springs in and that's what causes the manual shifting. I see tho you have to remove an arm in the actual trans to install those springs. Did you have to at all Pepper?

Sent from the howitzer

What arm is that? My kit was preinstalled but I think it's pretty much the same thing.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Drove mine around today/tonight. Had issues with my cluster earlier. Tacho and speedo no worky. Cluster test pointed towards problems with the gauges themselves. After heading out, the speedo started working soon after. Then the tacho. No issues now. Weird

Last edited:

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove mine around today/tonight. Had issues with my cluster earlier. Tacho and speedo no worky. Cluster test pointed towards problems with the gauges themselves. After heading out, the speed started working soon after. Then the taco. No issues now. Weird

You should try taking the taco out of the dash and put the tachometer back in lol.